Forgot the Ip's

well lets just say that i forgot the ip address of my wireless router... but i can still connect to it

this is what i've come up with

HotKeySet ("{ESC}", "stop")

$nom = "192.168"
$third = "15"
$fourth = "1"

$f = FileOpen ("c:/ips.txt", 2)
If $f = -1 Then
    MsgBox (0, "", "Error occured while opening file")
EndIf

While 1
    ToolTip ("" & $nom & "." & $third & "." & $fourth, 0, 0)
    If $fourth = 255 Then
        If $third = 1 Then
            $third = 15
            $fourth = 1
        ElseIf $third = 15 Then
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $go = InetGet ( "http://" & $nom & "." & $third & "." & $fourth, @TempDir & "/test.html", 1)
    If $go = 1 Then
        FileWriteLine ( $f, $nom & "." & $third & "." & $fourth)
        $fourth = $fourth + 1
    Else
    $fourth = $fourth + 1
    EndIf
WEnd

Func stop ()
    Exit
EndFunc

unfortunatly when it hits a page that i know is valid

ex: 192.168.1.1

it asks for authentication

is there a way that if it asks for authentication it would be a success?

Not sure I understand the question. If you are asked for authentication when hitting http://192.168.1.1 it should mean success. Most routers web interface are password protected.

You could also download a port scanner like superscan and get it to scan your entire subnet. It is bound to find the IP of your router.

CheersNobby

well lets just say that i forgot the ip address of my wireless router...

Or let's just say that you have connected to your neighbor's wireless router... SsS*

Not sure I understand the question.

The script runs thru some IP addresses and kapowdude wants it to stop on the IP that "works"... the one that asks for authentication.

Do you want to suppress the authentication-dialog?

Nope, just stop the script at that point.

*Sorry so Suspicious

Check your PM....

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Or let's just say that you have connected to your neighbor's wireless router... SsS*

The script runs thru some IP addresses and kapowdude wants it to stop on the IP that "works"... the one that asks for authentication.

*Sorry so Suspicious

Check your PM....

haha, you read my mind.

Nope, just stop the script at that point.

i think he'd rather just stop the loop, and go on with the rest of the script...

@kapowdude : while i almost certainly disagree with what you're trying to do, i do have to ask why you're doing it w/ browser... why not just loop a ping? i mean you know 192.168.1.1 isn't going to go to a machine, and if it's not responding to ping, then it's not the right ip...

i think he'd rather just stop the loop, and go on with the rest of the script...

You are correct. It would be better to stop the loop, bring up the browser to that IP and attempt authentication.

why not just loop a ping?

Ping could be disabled, although I've yet to see this as a default AP setting.

You are correct. It would be better to stop the loop, bring up the browser to that IP and attempt authentication.

Ping could be disabled, although I've yet to see this as a default AP setting.

ping could be disabled so that it doesn't reply to outside ping requests, but i don't think it can be disabled for ping requests from machines inside the network... i could be wrong, and someone please corrcet me if i am; i'm not a big networking guy, but i'm pretty sure you can always ping a router from an internal ip address...

...but i don't think it can be disabled for ping requests from machines inside the network...

I was thinking along the lines of port routing/forwarding. I worked with a neighbor on his VPN into his company. I followed some doc he had for the setup [so now I'm an expert, right?]. I assumed that it would be possible to forward or route internal ping requests in a manner that would not respond (w/o breaking DNS requests)... but like I said, not a default AP setup (and perhaps a bad assumption that it can be done)...

...but what are the odds that someone would/could configure a WAP that way and would leave it open, unless it was to be a weird unpingable honey pot. Perhaps my previous post should have never been... "postcount - 1".

Edited by herewasplato

Superscanned it.. i saw all the computers attached to it but no router...

can a router just disappear?

let me explain my network...

I have a linksys router thats connected to a switch which all the wired computers and the wireless router is attached to?

i used to be able to access it before, but i changed a few things, and i lost it..

this is very odd...