Change Icon for a3x files

So, after Jos told me about an amazing new (Compile to .a3x) feature in AutoIt, I've been using it successfully.  But it's confusing as the .a3x icon is the same as the .au3 files.

I used a simple Registry update to change that icon on my system, but shouldn't the AutoIt3 installer be using a different icon for these files by default?

Thanks

#RequireAdmin

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AutoIt3XScript\DefaultIcon", "", "REG_SZ", "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\au3script_v9.ico")

• Developers

Why? The a3x extension is associated with AutoIt3.exe, so it will show its Icon.... or am I missing something? :) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

There is no separate ico for a3x at this moment so it indeed uses the default autoit3.exe ico, 

Actually it uses "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\au3script_v11.ico"

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 year later...

Would be a good feature to use the icon declared as #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=.

If you use a3x instead of an compiled autoit script you have some advantages:

1. false positive virus detection would be not exist expect from the autoit.exe interpreter file

2. if you have more than one autoit scripts on this pc (which has no autoit installed), you only have one autoit.exe.

This is the logic behind the question I guess. And I just want to try out this method. :D

Edit: A third launcher application (like c++) would execute the autoit3.exe with parameter (a3x file name).

Edited by xSunLighTx3

• Developers
4 hours ago, xSunLighTx3 said:

Would be a good feature to use the icon declared as #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=.

How would this help?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
12 minutes ago, xSunLighTx3 said:

So you are able to set an individual icon for the a3x file within the config file. :)

Do not think that works as the Icon is stored in the PE header of a program, which the a3x file doesn't have. Did you actually try?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.