Sleep function optimization

I was thinking about writing in my program a loop with in it sleep(   ( 60 * 30 ) * 1000 ) in order to make my program wait 30 minuts... and then do the loop again.

But I read that the function check every 10 ms if the sleep is ended... is there a way to optimize what I want to do ? 

thank you

• Developers
11 minutes ago, sleinininono said:

I don't know Jos, maybe it is a lot of computation to do so... I just want to preserve my computer :)

So you basically are asking to optimise something you do not know whether it needs any optimization....  curious to say the least!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
4 minutes ago, sleinininono said:

very funny hahahah, but can you please answer me ^_^? It would be great to know if I do need to do anything?

Ok, for the last time: What is it that need to be optimised and you are having issues with or else please do not bother us with these phantom issues?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

but I don't know what to add. I wanted to know if there is a way to bypass the fact that it is checking whether the time is finished every 10 ms if I'm asking the program to wait 30 min ! Is it or not ? Is it even useful to wonder such questions?

that's what I'm asking ;)

• Developers

Ok, so you do not have any problem, just the hearsay that this is happening but you have no clue what that means. sweet..
Here you go: The answer is No 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@sleinininono Why not just use

AdlibRegister

to execute your function every 30 minute. And sleep anytime ?

You wont need any optimisation... the code will just be run with your wait configuration without a sleep.

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

• Developers

@caramen, Why are you making suggestions about something that isn't asked? 
Please let it rest as the OP clearly doesn't have any issue but was guessing. 

*click* before this get even more attention.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic