hide window + start bar

• Moderators

From the posts I've read of yours, probably a good thing you can't hide a window. But, to answer the question a bit... @SW_HIDE if it works, would hide it from the taskbar (I don't understand start bar, so I'm assuming you mean taskbar).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Are you trying to hide the ENTIRE TaskBar? If so, I just did that (kind of freaked me out a bit it was so easy), but I don't think the Moderators would want me to post that code.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

I could have sworn someone made a UDF for this, I looked a bit but didn't find it. Personally, I would do a RunWait() / WinWait() / WinSetState() if I'm understanding you correctly, I don't understand if you did it this way, why it would only hide the window and not the taskbar... But if this is for your own PC, what does it matter? If you just don't want the window to show up at all: Run("Notepad.exe", "", @SW_HIDE).

Unless.... you are talking about the System Tray Icon :P

• Moderators

Create your GUI using $WS_EX_TOOLwindow. You won't have a taskbar window but you'll still have the tray icon.

He's talking about a 3rd party application...