Script Questions

firef0x

Context: Creating app that will automate installs created within our company.

I am not sure of what I can post because almost all the apps are proprietary and confidential so I will do the best I can with the scripting I can provide.

Here is the main EXE file...

#Include <Apps.au3>

If Not FileExists("C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Setup") Then        ;; Sends Files to Public Desktop from Network Share
    Transfer()
Else
EndIf

Step1()
Step2()
Step3() 

--

My first question is:
How can I bypass the file transfer? 

I want to be able to include all the EXEs and Scripts that are called in Steps 1-3 and not have to worry about them transferring.

• Moderators

@firef0x are you using an actual management suite such as Ivanti or SCCM to manage your installs, or is this just a fly-by-night script? Suggestions on how you can go about this will vary depending on what you have to work with.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Post your code and hide secure data with *********************

$MyPassword = "***********"

Func Transfert () 

If FileExists c:\users\*********\blabla

EndFunc

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

If you want a cheap option I would recommend using PDQ Deploy or Lansweeper, both can deploy software and run scripts from a centralized repository and very inexpensive.  Alternatively just create a network share which the users have read/execute rights and have the users run the installer from the share, if the installers are all msi based you could also use Group Policy although not sure if your machines are in a domain or a workgroup.  Don't really see any advantages with copying files locally and than installing unless other computers have slow links.

how is this script getting to the users computer to even run the fileexists command successfully?  using fileinstall and blowing up the size of the compiled executable is an option (so all possible packages are local), but if it has to go over the same pipe you have just moved the wait time to this transfer rather than as a result of the script calling packages from network resources. 

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

@firef0x the reason I asked about whether you were using a suite or not is because most of the tools out there have technology to mitigate slow connections. As that is not the case, do you have a jump box in the portion(s) of the building where connectivity is slow? If so, you could set up a share on those servers as a repository; copy your script and install binaries there and then run the process from these jump boxes. If you are able to split it up so one jump box is handling all machines on the same switch then you should see better speeds.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!