New Install

I have worked through a bunch of hoops to get here, and just hit a wall with this one.  I have a MS Office install and when I run it the window on it appears 3 times, each time with the same label.  I would like to be able to select close on it automatically and move to the next software.  When I try and get the info for the window, it is identical to the starting window, but has different info in it.  When I look at visible text, there is none.  I have it set now so that I can manually click close and continue, but I want to walk away and have it continue to work.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, BatMan22 said:

In case you don't want to configure microsoft office for a silent install, you could of course us imagesearch, but it's a bad solution. 

Then why suggest it? Subz has already suggested the correct way to do this; suggesting something as unreliable as imagesearch is simply going to compound the OP's frustrations.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

10 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Then why suggest it? Subz has already suggested the correct way to do this; suggesting something as unreliable as imagesearch is simply going to compound the OP's frustrations.

No harm in having extra info right? I just suggested it in case OP wanted to stick with autoit instead of customizing the install. That being said, while a bit unstable as far as dealing with changes from what you program it for, it's great for repetitive tasks that can't be automated in any other way or are equally unreliable with other methods. I mean if you want to click on a start menu, and you never cover up the start menu.. it will never fail in my experience (not what I use it for).

• Moderators
14 hours ago, BatMan22 said:

No harm in having extra info right?

There is when you yourself state it is a bad solution. There is an industry standard solution for creating a silent install of Office, which can then be deployed with AutoIt just fine.

As to your suggestion on launching the Start Menu with ImageSearch..:x

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!