grids strings and controlids oh my

Eli

Hello,

I have an object. It is a grid (looks a lot like an excel spreadsheet) The entire object is 1 controlID (classnamenn is GXWND1) (the app this control is in is a frontend pulling data from an oracle db)

I need to send data to it to enter into the first column

I tried controlsend() but that sent the data as "ABCD" (in one cell) instead of:

A

B

C

D

I can copy and paste from notepad or excel

A

B

C

D

into this grid and it puts the data in the correct cells.

I have tried creating an array and sending it to the clipboard and then puting it in the grid but it just puts it all in one cell.

I have tried multiple send options with @CR's @LF's {ENTER}'s and what nots.

I cannot get it to send

A

B

C

D

Is it possible somehow to use clipput() and put

A

B

C

D

into the clipboard? everything I try puts "ABCD"

TYIA!

Hello,

I have an object. It is a grid (looks a lot like an excel spreadsheet) The entire object is 1 controlID (classnamenn is GXWND1) (the app this control is in is a frontend pulling data from an oracle db)

I need to send data to it to enter into the first column

I tried controlsend() but that sent the data as "ABCD" (in one cell) instead of:

A

B

C

D

I can copy and paste from notepad or excel

A

B

C

D

into this grid and it puts the data in the correct cells.

I have tried creating an array and sending it to the clipboard and then puting it in the grid but it just puts it all in one cell.

I have tried multiple send options with @CR's @LF's {ENTER}'s and what nots.

I cannot get it to send

A

B

C

D

Is it possible somehow to use clipput() and put

A

B

C

D

into the clipboard? everything I try puts "ABCD"

TYIA!

COM may be the way to go for this one. i'd say to get the OLE/COM viewer and see if that control doesn't display some methods you can use to accomplish your goal. there's a brief tutorial about it in the help file.

ok, I have oleview but I cant find that control. I found some more information about it. It is an Objective Grid (something from stingray or something like that)

This is starting to get over my head so any help with finding this control in oleview would be much appreciated.

I would like to be able to manipulate which cell I have selected and enter data into a specific cell and also to tell if a cell has data or not and to read from a cell.

I tried treating the ctrl like a listview but that didnt work. am I going to manipulate it with autoit or vbscript? Outside of these two and Im lost.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I am having this same issue with our in-house software. The controls for the main toolbar and other controls throughout the application are written using the Stingray Objective Grid software. So when I try to view the various treeview and drop-down controls in AU3Info, it finds the window, but considers it a control with a class of 'Afx:00400000:8:00010013:00000000:038707D3' and does not allow me to do much to it via script commands.

I need a way to either down through the Stingray Grid to the MFC or a way to read the actual Stingray grid though other methods than OCR (takes too long and is unreliable in my previous attempts: LINK)

I was hoping there might be something similar to JavaFerret out there that brings back the various controls within the Stingray Grid since AU3Info can not see them.

If anyone has any ideas on this, I would really appreciate it!

- dm83737