AIBartPE - near "Explorer"like TaskBar for BartPE

Holger

It works like the Explorer TaskBar (not perfect).

I use it for my own BartPE Menu (the 'Desktop' - Listview with IconView is not in the script here).

You can also test it under XP.

The 2 files (script + sample-ini) you can find here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/Holger/AIBartPE/

! Beta-Version is needed !

The next target is to make it a little more variable, also I plan a small editor to edit the custom startmenu.

Please let me know if you have ideas or questions :P

So long

Holger

Edited by Holger

Looks nice, I use UBCD4WIN of BartPE which has Geoshell - but I could see this being useful, esp if it auto-hid and could be put up top instead of the bottom. I haven't looked @ the code yet, but I ran it on reg windows to see what it does..

Thanks!

It works like the Explorer TaskBar (not perfect and at the moment a little bit slow).

I use it for my own BartPE Menu (the 'Desktop' - Listview with IconView is not in the script here).

The next target is to make it a little more faster and variable, also I plan a small editor to edit the custom startmenu.

So long

Holger

It works like the Explorer TaskBar (not perfect and at the moment a little bit slow).

The next target is to make it a little more faster and variable, also I plan a small editor to edit the custom startmenu.

So long

Holger

small improvement
;*******************************************************************
; Update the Taskbar clock
;*******************************************************************
;to be define at the beginning
;Global Const $wDay[8]=["","Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"]
;Global Const $Mon[13]=["","January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"]

Func UpdateClock()
    GUICtrlSetData($nDateTime, @Hour & ":" & @MIN)
    GUICtrlSetTip($nDateTime, $wDay[@WDAY] & ", " & $Mon[@Mon] & " " & @MDay & ", " & @Year)
EndFunc
:lmao:

Update:

Made it a little bit faster with directly using "DllCall"s instead of "WinSetState".

Changed the taskbar clock to only time and set advanced info to tooltip (thanks jpm :P )

Next time I will take a look to made it configurable through an ini file.

So long

Holger

Perhaps you want to build on top of this. I have not made a BartPE +XPE disk for atleast 12 months. XPE makes the taskbar and the rest like a normal OS setup. I went crazy and added everything in to make an ultimate cd. Recovery, burn backup with Nero, fix registry problems....til I reached the point of satisfaction of time added. Altough I have not yet used this sites package, XPE is one nice plugin to turn a Bart PE into a full live OS operating system. Damn, could even play movies with PowerDVD with sound that I could not with latest Knoppix. Just thought I would mention. No sence reinventing the wheel, just add to it :P . Sherpya's XPE rocks...

Edit: XPE and Sherpya's plugin's are open source at Sourceforge if interested.

Edited by MHz

It works like the Explorer TaskBar (not perfect).

The next target is to make it a little more variable, also I plan a small editor to edit the custom startmenu.

So long

Holger

HI

Very nice Holger, now its time for me to go back and play with BartPE again

Jim

Updated:

- Now most things are configurable with a needed ini file (see link on top of the page)

- TaskbarOnTop-setting is possible with ini-entry

Todo:

- More flexible Quicklaunch (more icons - at the moment only 5 are 'allowed')

- Auto-Hide

- Bugfixing

- Possibility of running special macros/commands like in "Nu2Menu"

Thanks to all for input so far :P

@Mhz: I already know about XPE since 2 years I think (maybe a little bit less) :lmao: but I use BartPE also at work where I only need a small system to test/check/repair things which should load fast so I don't need all this 'special' Explorer and multimedia stuff :(

Update:

- Taskbar can have a background image or other background color

- Menus background color can be set

- AutoHide option is accessable through gui context menu (same menu which includes TaskManager) and can also be preset ini ini-File

See updated files in folder - on top of the page.

I also upload some small bmp-files as backgrounds so you can test it.

So long :P

Holger

Edit: Fixed a bug with DesktopArea-Resizing and reuploaded only changed script-file.

Edited by Holger

Cool. :P

P.S. when i ran your program i got a notice from ZoneAlarm that it was trying to access the internet. I looked in the script and couldn't find the source of this action. Anyways, Nice job. :lmao:

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.