Au3guixp

Guest rathore

Guest rathore

can somebody plz give me a list of Styles and ExStyles applicable for Au3GUIXP?

and btw what's the easiest way to determine decimal value of colors for GUI background?

Guest rathore

can u plz give me the link to MS site where i can get a list?

and for colors, the AU3 spy is fine...i can use it to find any color..thanx!

and one more thing... like if i compile some script and AU3GUIXP with it, then can i use the main compiled script's icon on the GUI?

thanx for making the GUI, and GUIasst is a major help! :D

Guest rathore

so should i take that its not possible to use the icon of the compiled exe?

and how do i make the GUI non-resizable?

so should i take that its not possible to use the icon of the compiled exe?

and how do i make the GUI non-resizable?

Umm, there is an icon property. Use it to set the path to your icon (Keep in mind, the icon needs FileInstalled on the end-user's computer and Au3GUIXP must know where that is in order to load it.

Guest rathore

the icon needs FileInstalled on the end-user's computer

this i know that bitmaps/icons etc can be fileinstalled to the other pc to get them on GUI, what i wanted was to use the compiled icon that one selects while compiling the script, without tugging it along as a fileinstalled file.

and thanx larry for the window help.

btw is there a way to define custom name for the .ini file generated? i know how to generate it (action=9) but it always has the name AU3GUIXP.ini.

thanx

Edited by rathore

As far as I know, even though the icon is technically included when you compile the script, you must still FileInstall a second copy somewhere on the target computer for AU3GUIXP to use.

Larry, perhaps you could look into adding something that will allow AU3GUI(XP) to load an icon from a binary resource (dll, exe)? I don't think the icon's are compressed so it should be possible to load them out of a compiled script.

Guest rathore

i found this funny, though dunno what's exactly happening here:

try this code (AU2 syntax)

envset, GUI, title=Custom Title|background=16644597|action=9|file=GUI.ini|exstyle=4194304|

envset, OBJ1, type=button|text=notepad|x=20|y=30|w=55|h=20|focussed=1|run=notepad
envset, OBJ2, type=input|text=default|x=20|y=60|w=55|h=20
envset, OBJ3, type=icon|file=%windir%\cursors\drum.ani|x=180|y=80|run=%comspec% /k
envset, OBJ4, type=combo|text=test1|x=80|y=120|data=Selection1;Selection2
envset, OBJ5, type=button|text=close|x=220|y=30|w=55|h=20|close=1|submit=1

runwait,au3guixp

adding |exstyle=4194304 makes a mirror image, but with text ok.

Guest rathore

i'll check that... thanx!

(i wonder why i didn't get a notification mail this time that my topic has got a response ?! )

Guest rathore

sorry for troubling again... but is it anyhow possible to center align a single control. (right now i need it for label)

actually the info i want to show is dynamic so i wud make the width quite wide so it doesn't look good if the short text is on left side of a big window.

Guest rathore

this might sound like a strange request but anyone plz type anything in this post...

actually i'm not receiving email notifications (i checked this page to know that i've a reply) ...now i've changed some settings and want to see if now i get them.

Here'a a post :D I might as well be informative, so here's an excerpt from the forum help:

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:

• Click the 'Track This Topic' link at the top of the topic that you wish to track
  • On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox
  • From the E-Mail settings section of your User CP (My Controls) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Guest rathore

i couldn't get this to work:

action=4

set the data to Environment Variables "GUI","OBJ1","OBJ2","OBJn"...

after the gui exited i checked the variable using msgbox but that didn't have the input (or combo selection)

Edited by rathore