Creating new scripts, right click options

Dalex

It has been a while since I last installed and used Autoit, I just installed the latest version along with Scite.  For some reason, I do not have the option to create new .au3 files when right clicking. I have tried rebooting, and running the installation as administrator as mentioned in other threads. no joy...

OS = Windows 10 Enterprise version 1806

Thanks in advance!

2018-11-15_14-05-51.jpg

[size="2"][u]Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.-- Ben Franklin[/u][/size]

In regedit.exe

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > .au3

create new key ShellNew

in ShellNew create new key FileName

edit FileName and give key value Template.au3

Place your Template.au3 in c:\windows\shellnew

Edited by Nine

Nine, thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

I did as you suggested and even rebooted to make sure the reg had refreshed, the template is in c:\windows\shellnew. still not working. See screen cap to make sure I created the key correctly.

Also, wasn't there also the option to compile from the right-click menu as well? 

2.jpg

Edited by Dalex

[size="2"][u]Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.-- Ben Franklin[/u][/size]

hmmm, suppose to work, idk

as for the compile, edit, etc, it is located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > AutoIt3Script

for example :

in the shell section add edit key, in edit add command, change default value to the editor of your choice "notepad.exe" "&1"

Yeah, it is strange, not sure what's going on.  These options have always been available after install with no registry manipulation required.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions!

have to define the place the file should be

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.au3\ShellNew]
@="AutoIt3"
"NullFile"=""
"FileName"="%UserProfile%\\AppData\\Local\\AutoIt v3\\SciTE\\Template.au3"

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Hey careca, I created that key and imported it, also copied the template to that location.  no worky.

thanks!

if you want my take, I'll say that the OS was badly installed.  It seems that some major services are not in function.  What I would do is format the main disk and reinstall the OS from the original source (no copy, no corporate download...)  Just the right and old fashion way !

Anyway good luck 

Nine,

that's very possible, and I  suspect that as well.  The image is a custom deployment from SCCM and is our corporate standard image. Very smart of you to discern that!  My PC will be getting refreshed soon, I'll just deal with it for now, and wait to see if the new image on the new PC works better.

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, Dalex said:

Hey careca, I created that key and imported it, also copied the template to that location.  no worky.

thanks!

Try without the env variable. A plain path. Had same issue on another pc and when i made the path simple like c:\123 ot worked

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe