Autoit and Arduino (V-USB)

Hello!

Could someone help me please with a UDF/library/example to communicate with Arduino thru USB using V-USB Driver (HID Device).

I want to implement remote control for PC (TV Tuner remote). Arduino would read and decode data from an IR Sensor then send the decoded data to the PC thru USB.

Thanks! Any help much appreciated!!

Hmm. It appear that the script use the data transfer over HID feature report. I guess I will have to figure out how to implement that! That will be a challenge, but I like a challenge!

Best thing about Autoit and Arduino programming is overcoming challenges (and accomplish something)! Worst thing when you have NO idea how to proceed! So, thanks for give me an incite  and for give me your time to respond! 

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to make it work with the help of a FTDI FT232 Module on Arduino side (and default Serial library) and CommMG64.au3 on Autoit side. I also used CTS/RTS pins of the module to synchronize communication between Arduino and Autoit.

Thanks for all that took the time to point me in the right direction!

PC REMOTE CONTROL.jpg

On 12/28/2018 at 8:52 PM, Earthshine said:

When can we expect to purchase production models? LOL good job

I'm not sure if you are serious or not but at the moment I'm doing this for HOBBY only! 

Also because is a pure hobby (personal use) , and my limited english writing skill I never post my projects anywhere!

But if someone is interested in my solution for NON commercial purpose I'm willing to share! 

Untitled2.png

Edited by mikered82
Add file.

Your English seems fine to me. The GUI looks great!

I'm interested in being able to interface with Arduino using AutoIT- but it's OK if you don't want to share the sources! That's your right (and it would have to have the Arduino sources as well, I think!).

I've tried to use a Windows media center IR controller for a couple of things in the past but gave up  in frustration (I was not using AutoIT but some other third-party tools, all my attempts were lost when the PC died from overheating).

Always carry a towel.