_AD_Open example failing

ohaya

Hi,

I was trying the code from the 10/25/2012 post in this thread:

but it is not working.

I am running the compiled script on an AD machine, and I get this.  Can anyone tell me why this would be failing?

Thanks,

Jim

EDIT 1:  BTW, I am using the latest AutoIT, 3.3.14.5 and the latest AD.au3.

ldaperror.jpg

ldaperror2.jpg

Edited by ohaya

How do you provide the username?
The wiki describes the acceptable formats: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Active_Directory_UDF_-_General

Windows Login Name   e.g. "DJ"
NetBIOS Login Name   e.g. "microsoft\DJ"
User Principal Name  e.g. "DJ@microsoft.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

BTW, that script has this:

; Output Username to a log file with date and time
        _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "Username.log", $sUserName)

where is that @ScriptDir pointing to?  I cannot find a "Username.log" file :(...

Jim

• Moderators

@ohaya The help file is your friend. Do a search and you will find good explanations on @ScriptDir and all of the other native macros ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Ok, found something searching for "macros":

"Directory containing the running script. Only includes a trailing backslash when the script is located in the root of a drive."

But I don't see a Username.log in the same dir as the running script.  So where is the output from the _FileLogWrite() going?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a typo in the code line you posted:

_FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "Username.log", $sUserName)

Should be:

_FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & "\Username.log", $sUserName)

Then you will find a Username.log in the directory where you stored your AutoIt script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki