GUI window, while doing other stuff?

huldu

Ran into another problem just now, its probably cause im really tired. I had a script i made a few days ago (without GUI) i thought it was time to "update" it so i have been doing it for the past few hours. While it worked perfectly outside the GUI i have alot of problems when running in the GUI.

The biggest problem is when the script is running, it totally locks down the GUI so any press/click in the GUI window wont do anything at all.

I thought that GUI calls (on buttons etc) were a priority while running a script, but apparently it isnt :P. To be honest im not sure what to do. My script ended up a bit "big", while its not really big its "only" 8kb but still, i dont know what to do!.

Ive been thinking a while loop outside the GuiGetMsg loop isnt the smartest thing...

If anyone want to take a look at the script or just have some advice, i would be really appreciate it.

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

Of course, sorry i forgot hehe. I have the "older" build which works, but has the horrible delays etc and the GUI hardly works at all.

Ive also have a newer one ive been working on the past few minutes, which is starting to look alot better. Havent tried it yet however.

-- Please note that the function Update() is very important, it haveto be set to 1+ sec due to the game itself. Wouldnt want the script to spam. But the "newer" script ive been trying to work around as much as possible, making more checks to only do stuff when the game is actually running.

The best thing would be if there was a way to FORCE GUI events, even if while loops are active.

-- Another Edit :|

Trying to figure out how to make a small window that always stays on-top, im not to keen with the tooltip (even tho its great). Would be much better with a small window that could be moved around on the screen, without a frame (even transparant if thats even possible :P)!.

Newer.au3

Edited by huldu

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

Trying to figure out how to make a small window that always stays on-top, im not to keen with the tooltip (even tho its great). Would be much better with a small window that could be moved around on the screen, without a frame (even transparant if thats even possible :P)!.

For this bit you could try looking Here

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother