Unable to correctly read value of a REG_DWORD from the windows registry

GeorgeB

I'm writing a little applet that basically tells you when Windows was installed.  There is a REG_DWORD in Windows that gives you this. It's basically a value that is the # of seconds from 1970.

The location is:  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\InstallDate"

So if I run this in AutoIT, I should get the value displayed within the msgbox:

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "InstallDate Test", RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion", "InstallDate"))

However, what happens is it always returns a value of "0"  I tried this on several machines (Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10). 

Am I missing something?  If I manually view this REG_DWORD with RegEdit, it shows me the HEX value, or I can view the Decimal value. I don't care which value AutoIT reads, as I can always convert back and forth, but I just don't see why it can't read a value from this REG_DWORD.  As a test, I've read other REG_DWORD values, and with most it doesn't return any value, not even a 0.

Please, even if you guys have some other (perhaps better) way to read the Windows install date, I would still like to find a resolution to this problem, because I want to understand why I am having so much difficulty with reading REG_DWORD values from the Windows Registry with AutoIT.

Thanks for any help!