Container Object data type

Does AutoIt support any Container Objectrs, like a Class or Structure?

I'm not after anything fancy like C++ but would like to pass one object (or pointer) which contains

multiple values like WindowTitle, WindowText, ControlID.

I use these a lot, and would like to have a simplified way of passing them instead of having to pass 3 vars to many functions.

I Could use an Array, I just don't like it :-)

You've mentioned that you don't like arrays, however you may not have used them in the fashion below:

; Define unique constants
Global Const $Name = 0
Global Const $Address = 1
Global Const $Phone = 2
Global Const $DOB = 3

Local $Person[4]
$Person[$Name] = 'Alex'
$Person[$Address] = 'Melbourne'
$Person[$Phone] = '183 1000'
$Person[$DOB] = 'BC'

MsgBox(0x40, "Alex's address", $Person[$Address])

Edit: If you're using the beta then you may also want to check out DLLStructCreate().

Edited by LxP

You've mentioned that you don't like arrays, however you may not have used them in the fashion below:

Global Const $Name = 0
Global Const $Phone = 2
Global Const $DOB = 3

Local $Person[4]
$Person[$Name] = 'Alex'
$Person[$DOB] = 'BC'

Edit: If you're using the beta then you may also want to check out DLLStructCreate().

Tsk tsk, Alex! You demonstrate the exact reason I added Enum to the language but you didn't use it:

Enum $NAME, $ADDRESS, $PHONE, $DOB, $MAX

Local $Person[$MAX]
$Person[$NAME]='Alex'
$Person[$ADDRESS] = 'Melbourne'
$Person[$PHONE] = '183 1000'
$Person[$DOB] = 'BC'

A sweet anxwer Valik. Where did this Enum come from? It is indeed refreshing. No response needed :P

May I (correctly) infer from this comment that you (and presumably Alex, as well) were not aware of Enum? Or was it something you knew about but had never seen a practical example of?

Enum seems more of a database type of of variable declaration for usage which I have little use of at majority of times so is why I have little use of remembering, but is nice to see someone bring it up at times when needed. Everybody has their own purpose and needs for different items.

Global Const $Name = 0
Global Const $Phone = 2
Global Const $DOB = 3

Local $Person[4]
$Person[$Name] = 'Alex'
$Person[$DOB] = 'BC'

You are right- as usual :-)

This usage of arrays looks like a Python dictionary (which is very cool, indeed)

This will make argument passing much better.

thanks!

Tsk tsk, Alex! You demonstrate the exact reason I added Enum to the language but you didn't use it:

ยทยทยท

Actually, I'm not sure now why I didn't use Enum. I seemed to use it the last time I wrote out code for this idea (and look at how eerily similar that code is...).

Eerie, indeed.

May I recommend in the future you also demonstrate the use of the $MAX parameter. I've found that it allows for writing much cleaner code since you can add new elements to the array without having to touch existing code.

Edit: To be clear, I mean demonstrate the usage of a parameter which is always at the tail end of the Enum which means it is perfect for use as the size of an array initialized. My above wording makes it sound too much like there is some special magical parameter or something associated with Enum which is not what I want to convey.

Edited by Valik