Incomplete Compile- errors found only after pressing F5 (from Scite)

I've been using Scite for AutoIt- excellent addition to AutoIt.

Iv'e been seeing problems where After selecting Compile fromt he TOols Menu, and getting a compilation to finish with NO ERRORS, when I run the script (F5), COMPILE-TIME errors finally show up.

How can that be?

I'm talking about too many quotes, not enough quotes, misspelled function calls, etc. The kind of errors which should make the compiler slam on the breaks.

Beta Compile uses the beta version of AutoIt to compile. This gives you latest up to date of AutoIt enhancements which is installed separate to the public release version. Both Public and Beta can co-exist and Scite4AutoIt3 manages them both. Download link if interested in Beta version.

If you Compile with Scite4AutoIt3 without compile directives within your script, then you should see the Compile Gui. Check to ensure the checkbox is checked then you will have the script syntax-checked on the Run tab before Compile. Here is a pic of the checkbox to check.

• Moderators

Might just want to run Syntax Check in SciTe before you compile. And test that on a known file that has an error. I asked about Beta, because I can see it and right clicking on .au3 file to compile would compile without necessarily checking to make sure your syntax is correct.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Developers

Which SciTE version are you running ?

The latest version(s) will run AU3CHeck before running AutoIT3 or Aut2Exe .

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Which SciTE version are you running ?

The latest version(s) will run AU3CHeck before running AutoIT3 or Aut2Exe .

Probably the katest- since I just downloaded it a few days ago.

But it doesn't seem to run Au3Check before doing a full compile-unless you are referring to running it manually?

• Developers

Probably the katest- since I just downloaded it a few days ago.

But it doesn't seem to run Au3Check before doing a full compile-unless you are referring to running it manually?

F5 will start the program CompileAU3 which will first run AU3Check and then AUtoIt3.

F7 will start the program CompileAU3 which will first run AU3Check and then Aut2exe.

You can see this in the Output pane......

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

F5 will start the program CompileAU3 which will first run AU3Check and then AUtoIt3.

F7 will start the program CompileAU3 which will first run AU3Check and then Aut2exe.

You can see this in the Output pane......

Ok I'll watch the output pane next time.