Dialing up with AutoIt

Hi,

did anybody try to write program with AutoIt for phone calling through a modem. I need ideas.

Csaba

If you are using XP you can use the command rasdial.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

This is RasDial syntax, what do you not understand ?

USAGE:
    rasdial entryname [username [password|*]] [/DOMAIN:domain]
        [/PHONE:phonenumber] [/CALLBACK:callbacknumber]
        [/PHONEBOOK:phonebookfile] [/PREFIXSUFFIX]

rasdial [entryname] /DISCONNECT

rasdial

Thanks for your answers, I'll try to explain my problem:

FOr example I have a friend with a phone number 123456789, and I want to make RasDial to call his number, then to pick up the handset and to talk with my friend. So no passwords, no entries, simply on a lazy way to press a button and to have a regular phone connection

Csaba

I'm looking for something more advanced, something that will use a voice modem to send out a pre recorded wav file. I know it cant be that hard, but i couldn't find any open source software that does this.

so in short

dial a number

play a recored msg over the phone

hangup

any ideas?

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...dk_tel_zfpw.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....ny_overview.asp

http://www.I-B-A-M.de/Andreas_Marschall...nd_TSPI_FAQ.htm

Edited by mikeytown2

Hi,

did anybody try to write program with AutoIt for phone calling through a modem. I need ideas.

Csaba

This example does nothing with sending a .wav file, but will dial the connection for you. See the documentation for MSComm or NetComm for more that you can do with this: Com Phone Dialer

Dale

p.s. this needs the post 3.1.1 beta for COM support

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

My prank side is seeing visions......am I correct on this?

Nope, using it for good.

Oh and Dale thats looks like a fairly sweet program.

I haven't bought the box for this program I'm making, but if i can make it play a file over the modem or use an audio cord and connect the out on the sound card to the Mic on the modem... then i think i got it. otherwise i have to do more GUI stuff with autoit and go buy some software that was written for win 95.

I found a Linux python script that would do it, but it wont run on windows... and I'm using autoit on other boxes to grab info so i would like to stick to windows so i don't have to program a TCP stack in python, because i don't know how to do that.

http://wxdialer.sourceforge.net/

LOL... Ok so after looking more closely to the wxdialer page i found out that if you go start run dialer u get a fairly cool dialer program... lets see if it can send a wav file. I don't have a voice modem on hand right now so any volunteers?

Edited by mikeytown2

Why, I thought I could meet a better idea on the list... Actually I've already written a Telephone- book program wich is able to dial-up numbers via modem. It uses a standalone program Express Dialer, wich can be found here:Express Dialer. It's free, and you can use command line parameters. So use Run() command with parameters, and thats all! Still, I hoped I could do it without third party program.

Greetings!

Csaba

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same requirement. I've tried Dale's dialer script but get: "Error communicating with modem on COM".

Express Dial gives the error: "The modem is not present or not turned on". It seems that a number of programs have problems communicating with my modem via the com port (COM5).

Rasphone works fine (so I know the modem is in good working order), but keeps redialling the number after the call has been terminated, and I can't work out how to stop this.

Does anyone else have any solutions to this?