UIASpy - UI Automation Spy Tool

LarsJ

Correction of errors in the $dtag_IUIAutomationRangeValuePattern definition in UIA_Constants.au3 as reported by rmckay in this thread.

New zip-file at bottom of first post.

The zip-file in the UIA Code example is updated accordingly.

• 1 month later...

On 1/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, LarsJ said:

What do you mean by unavailable? You can download the file at bottom of first post.

Many Thanks Larsj. I've started using the UIASpy. In the example scripts i could see "UIAWrappers.au3" but couldn't find that file. Would it be possible to share the link to download?  

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi
I have a question:
Is it possible to get the message content from the window?
The content of the message is nowhere to be seen (I checked every element and properties)
I have an application to handle in which many windows are displayed in this way, and I MUST download the content of the message for verification.

image.thumb.png.f45398da12d4a9fcb885300b7d8ffce0.png

I think the TPanel control and other T-controls are Borland controls. This means that the code is probably quite old code that only supports MSAA automation. The fact that LegacyIAccessible is the only recognized pattern interface confirms this.

This means that the possibilities for automating the program and extracting the text information are probably quite limited or rather complicated.

There was a similar issue in this thread recently. If you read through the posts, you can get an overview of the possibilities.

• 2 months later...

You don't use UIASpy directly in your own script. You use the information in UIASpy to create code to read the value of the ComboBox. And it's this code that you use in your own script.

It's exactly the same as for classic automation code. You don't use the "AutoIt Window Info" tool directly in your own script. You use the information in the "AutoIt Window Info" tool to create code that you use in your own script.

How to use UIASpy to create your own automation code is described in Using UI Automation Code in AutoIt.

• 2 months later...

Question?

Hi everyone, I'm new on autoit so  recently I have building tool to automation HMA tool. I'm using UIASpy tool to detect element. Everything work perfect on my real machine but when I run my tool on vps it doesn't work because UIASpy tool can't detect element. So anyone here know the reason? please help. thank you so much.

Sorry if I post question wrong place.

This is UIASpy detected on real machine

image.png

This is the UIASpy tool detected on VPS

HMA_vps.thumb.jpg.54cac3b77f994e808f7ec74da15393a5.jpg

Edited by HieuNguyen

• 2 months later...

MS Office, e. g. Word: AccessKey for ribbon groups

A hello again after 11 years,

I'm a long term AHK user. Many thanks for all your efforts concerning Windows automation - we are one lovely family, right?

I have only Word 2010. Can somebody be so kind and veryify whether it's possible to get the $UIA_AccessKeyPropertyId from an ribbon tab group? I get only garbish (with different tools). $UIA_NamePropertyId is correct.

And when are the $UIA_AccessKeyPropertyIds available? After my tests the ribbon tabs must be active/focused.

Many thanks and greetings

AutoItFox

I am not sure what you get but maybe an alternative is just to use the office com object model as that reveals much more from your office applications.

$oWdApp=objcreate("word.application")
$owdApp.commandbars .....

google a little on vba commandbar ribbonbar and you will be able to reveal much more from your office GUI menu's, toolbars either thru the object model or by reading the ribbonbar xml templates

• 2 months later...

As UIASpy is a program for AutoIt programmers and not end users, and since most programmers have AutoIt installed on the PC, there is no need to compile the code. The easiest way is to run the code directly from the au3-files. Please read this entire thread carefully to install UIASpy.

On 8/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, LarsJ said:

As UIASpy is a program for AutoIt programmers and not end users, and since most programmers have AutoIt installed on the PC, there is no need to compile the code. The easiest way is to run the code directly from the au3-files. Please read this entire thread carefully to install UIASpy.

Thank you for replying

I do have AutoIt installed, as you may see on the screenshot. The problem is that my version is outdated (3.3.8.0) and I don't really want to upgrade because I have tons of scripts running everywhere and do not dare to face compatibility problems in the near future:) That's why running from SciTE is not an option, and compile doesn't work.

I guess there are more people like me around. And to spare them some time on opening the virtual machine, installing the last version of AutoIt, and compiling it there, I will add compiled version to this post.  Of course, if you still think that it's a bad idea for whatever reason, I will remove it immediately.

By the way, thank you for creating such a great tool. I think I gonna spend the next few years figuring out how it works and what I can do with it:)

UIASpyCompiled.zip