Windows Task Scheduler and RUN versus EDIT -- an actual solution.

agora

1. Compile your script, and
2. Point Task Manager to the .exe rather than to the script.
That's it.
------------
Thank you to the developers of this superb software. I would like to offer some constructive criticism of my experience in trying to find a solution (on these forums) to a common problem.

I am a completely new user.

I reviewed the documentation, plus dozens of posts on the forums here in an attempt to find a solution to this issue. The information is variously incomplete or irrelevant. I also found it distracting and useless for users to rebuke others for the ways in which they're applying the software. I didn't personally experience it, but the snark was noticeable and unfriendly. 

The problem I had was trying to get Task Scheduler to simply run a script rather than open it for editing. No matter the registry changes I made, no matter the flags set in SciteCONFIG, no matter the option configuration, I could NOT get this to work. Nothing would work. I'm sure this was me and not the software, but *finding* the solution was also not working.

It took exactly ONE lookup on stackoverflow to find a complete, simple, effective solution:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44317006/task-scheduler-loads-script-into-editor-instead-of-running-it

Please, if you're submitting a solution, aim for completeness and clarity and reply to users without the assumption that they know what passing a name is.

I think the issue may be the command you gave, i never tried working with task manager task scheduler that way, but i assume you could in theory, call the script the same way the context menu "Run" does. Call the exe and the script. Can you specify a command in task manager task scheduler? Im sorry, like i said, never used it.

When i run this, i can run a script

"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" C:\Users\W10\Desktop\AutoIt\test.au3

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

2 hours ago, agora said:

The problem I had was trying to get Task Scheduler to simply run a script rather than open it for editing. No matter the registry changes I made, no matter the flags set in SciteCONFIG, no matter the option configuration, I could NOT get this to work. Nothing would work. I'm sure this was me and not the software, but *finding* the solution was also not working.

Instead of whining  all around, you could simply put your code in here, and I am sure someone would have helped you out.  You took the wrong approach to the wrong solution. Two errors doesn't make a success...