API requests in autoit

Hello, I know about your taughts about using this scripting language to automate video games.

This is in no way, shape or form breaking the terms of service of League of Legends.

The thing I'm trying to do is a script that when ran, reads the "accounts.txt" file, then contacts with the Riot API servers to check the level of all the accounts and export them all in another file, "accounts_export.txt" in the format Username:Level.

I got it working only for one account, but I don't know how to do a check for multiple accounts.

Here is my current code for only 1 check, I need to be able to do as many accounts as there are in accounts.txt file.

#include <Inet.au3>
#include <json.au3>
$keyRead = FileRead("other\apiKey.txt")
$regionRead = FileRead("other\reg.txt")
$sumRead = FileRead("other\sumName.txt")
$URL = "https://"& $regionRead &".api.riotgames.com/lol/summoner/v4/summoners/by-name/" & $sumRead & "?api_key=" & $keyRead
$data = _INetGetSource($URL)
$len2 = StringInStr($data, ("summonerLevel"))
$1 = StringTrimLeft($data, ($len2 + 14))
$finalStr = StringTrimRight($1, 1)
if $finalStr = "" Then
        MsgBox(16,"Error", "Account with such summoner name doesn't exist!")
EndIf

$finalStr displays the level of the account ONLY.

The return you get from their api servers look like this:

{"id":"L_INyr2Zq3Ao_8Lgmoq3JcvCENSOREDYv0yMMmREVT7G_XI","accountId":"J_5MWSFaKQCENSOREDW7_aRwEb3m3jQmpaXjbUBs","puuid":"YKWomgHww2WdCENSOREDYnNBVsaJk0ZauqnVb4r9IZKbkrWIUEnoXcxQl7KxyfU5lNXI3LI6Lod35LIj9w","name":"EnCENSOREDde1","profileIconId":3780,"revisionDate":154CENSORED74000,"summonerLevel":142}

• Moderators

BeastLoL,

contacts with the Riot API servers to check the level of all the accounts and export them all in another file

What exactly are these "levels" that the script exports?

M23

P.S. And just to be absolutely clear - this is the Mod team determining the legality of the thread, so everyone else please keep out.

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

3 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

BeastLoL,

M23

P.S. And just to be absolutely clear - this is the Mod team determining the legality of the thread, so everyone else please keep out.

Levels can range from 1 to infinite.

Simply put, if you play the game, you will level up.

It just shows for how long you have been playing the game or how dedicated you are.

1 hour ago, Melba23 said:

BeastLoL,

M23

Have you looked into it. Is it safe to talk about it. It should 100 % not be as it's just basic RiotAPI usage.

You should wait to mods response.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Moderators

BeastLoL,

What are you going to do with these "levels" once you have exported them? The "just for learning" excuse is becoming a little jaded these days.

And please be patient - it might be the most important thing in your life, but it is certainly not in anyone else's.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

1 minute ago, Melba23 said:

BeastLoL,

What are you going to do with these "levels" once you have exported them? The "just for learning" excuse is becoming a little jaded these days.

And please be patient - it might be the most important thing in your life, but it is certainly not in anyone else's.

M23

I just want to learn how to use the RiotAPI in AutoIt to it's full extent. 

Here you can read everything about the Riot API: https://developer.riotgames.com/terms

• Moderators

BeastLoL,

I am not interested in whether you are allowed to use the API - I am trying to determine whether such use is legal under our Forum rules as that is the point in question.

As I have stated above, just why have you decided to export these "levels"? For example. does it have any relationship with actually playing a game?

M23

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Melba23 said:

BeastLoL,

I am not interested in whether you are allowed to use the API - I am trying to determine whether such use is legal under our Forum rules as that is the point in question.

As I have stated above, just why have you decided to export these "levels"? For example. does it have any relationship with actually playing a game?

M23

The only way the levels are connected to the game is through the play time and rewards. You cannot do anything with those levels if you know them. They are publically available.

• Moderators

BeastLoL,

Fine, the thread can remain open. But please do not post any API code requests which do directly affect game play.

M23

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Melba23 said:

BeastLoL,

Fine, the thread can remain open. But please do not post any API code requests which do directly affect game play.

M23

Understood, these don't even touch the game.
The only issue would be using RiftExplorer that would be able to queue up using api calls but i dont want to do that anyway :D 

Your script is about 3 files :

$keyRead = FileRead("other\apiKey.txt")
$regionRead = FileRead("other\reg.txt")
$sumRead = FileRead("other\sumName.txt")

And you were talking of a 4th one accounts.txt.

Now I would like an example of the content of the 4 files to start helping you...

@BeastLoL

Sorry for the intrusion, but this thing seems to be against the Riot rules, since, it is cleary wrote:

Other acceptable uses for a development API key include:

• bots for streaming sites, boards, voice com servers, etc.
  • to display your own personal stats for your personal website
  • personal projects to gather your own stats
  • personal research
  • projects meant for personal usage and not production

You are trying to get other people information, so...

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Moderators

As this thread is walking the line between legitimate and not, it is locked temporarily while the Moderating team review.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!