click in specific item in device manager - (Moved)

malka

hi, I'll be happy if someone will be able to help me...

I want to check if  specific device is exist without writing code of autoit,
 I want to do it with commands of cmd because I don't need the window to be opened..

here the screenshot: I want to reach CATC Analyzer
image.thumb.png.365ce3bb59636f13e7699df2e23eac1f.png

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@FrancescoDiMuro is right.

take a look on it cause i think you have to understand it yourself before practise.

For listing the devices you can run notepad and insert this line

Get-WmiObject Win32_PNPEntity | Select Name | Out-File -Append -Force "C:\Device.txt"

save this as .ps1 file

after that you can run it as PowerShellCMD with right-click on it

why do i get garbage when i buy garbage bags? <_<

You ask about a task that AutoIT is perfectly suited for :ILA2: and say that you want to do it without AutoIT but you are asking on an AutoIT forum. :blink: You have multiple posts opened on the same topic and you post no example code. :no:

Well, OK. I'm bored. :yawn: I will give you a hint, maybe it helps you.

Command line? Have you tried using the devcon.exe tool? "Devcon classes" lists all the devices classes. "Devcon listclass <class name>" lists the devices in the class. So maybe for you "devcon listclass CATCAnalyzers" or something like that will work? You have to look in the classes, because I think devcon does not use spaces in the names when it lists them. Then you can make an batch file to parse the output or whatever you wish.

Otherwise, there is an topic for device management API - it's older, and you can only download from a post later in thread on page 3, but should be a very good start:

If you expect people here to write this for you I think you will be disappointed. If you try to do this yourself and show your work here then it is possible you will get help. Your boss is not paying any of us to do the work... :naughty:

Best of luck. ^_^

Always carry a towel.