Compiled exe files getting deleted in other machines

DJ143

I have autoit in my machine and generated a exe file so that it can be copied to any other machine and run the application (.exe) file easily without installation of AutoIT in other machine.

Issue: whenever I copy the file to other machine it gets deleted. Giving an error that "you do not have permission to access this".

Is this due to the AV like symantec/McAfee?

Please help me on this on how I can overcome.

Edited by DJ143

• Developers
2 hours ago, DJ143 said:

Is this due to the AV like symantec/McAfee?

Please help me on this on how I can overcome.

Guess that is something only you can check. Also have a look at the sticky topic:  

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I haven't done this yet myself with any of my programs, but I recall TheDcoder uploaded his ProxAllium program to some AV the other day and they changed the flag so no longer recognized as malicious or suspect.

Generally though, I just set an exception in my AV and or advise others to as well.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

8 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

but I recall TheDcoder uploaded his ProxAllium program to some AV the other day and they changed the flag so no longer recognized as malicious or suspect.

I did for Microsoft Defender and they pretty quickly unflagged it after analysis, but I don't think this is relevant to OP's original question/issue.

@DJ143 Your best option is to ask your system administrator to add an exception, or you can try to report the false positive to whatever AV you use. If I understand correctly, the AV isn't actively interfering (by showing an alert or deleting the file), so it may not be related to anti-virus at all. Please verify the issue and let us know in order to help you.

Edited by TheDcoder

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

When you compile a script with the Scite: Tools > Compile

There is a option in the first tab for Output Type:  Select A3X

the Target file, specify your file name as whatever.a3x

Then click compile.

You will need to copy the AutoIt3.exe into the same location as the .a3x to easily launch it.

Simply create a shortcut to the AutoIt3.exe, then edit the shortcut to add the .a3x file as a command line switch.

You could also change the icon for the shortcut if you want your users to easily identify the application.

Then, all you need to do is double click the updated shortcut to launch

I also noticed when I started using the .a3x that the icon is the same as .au3, so I threw together a quick reg-edit to update the icons for .a3x on my computer

Change default Icons for a3x files on your system

ScreenCap_91.JPG

To prevent this I did the following:

You need to have following Applications/exe files from MS Visual Studio SDKs. You can also copy these files from some other machine where Visual studio has been installed

1. CertMgr

2. makecert

3. signtool

open the command prompt and change the directory to the folder where you have all these files. Then give the following commands:

1. makecert -r -pe -ss sampleCertName sampleCertName.cer

This command will create certificate 

2. CertMgr -add sampleCertName.cer -s -r <localMachine/currentUser> root

This will add your created certificate to the store

3. signtool sign /s sampleCertName application.exe

the stored sertificate with name "sampleCertName " will be sign digitally to your exe file.

Note: for some antivirus you need compile and build your exe files using UPX in AutoIT2exe then need to follow these steps.

• 8 months later...

My security officer is now requesting I use something else instead of Autoit. Powershell just doesn't cut it, but since Autoit is always getting flagged I am told to use something else or make powershell do what I need. If I can easily digitally sign my work, then that may help, but anyone else facing similar issues? Whitelisting in the AV all the time is not going to be acceptable.

@TekWeis Use the AutoIt interperter (AutoIt3.exe) to execute your plain text .au3 scripts or compile them to the .a3x format. This way most AV would not falsely flag your scripts as no executable would be associated with them.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

6 hours ago, TekWeis said:

My security officer is now requesting I use something else instead of Autoit.

Your "security officer" urgently needs one or more of: brain surgery, basic education, brain software update, getting fired.

(S)he shoots hundreds of ammunitions to anything in sight that shows the slightest move, gets sure the thing is dead, then gets close and shouts "You souldn't have moved!" at the dead body.  I wouldn't have liked to be a fellow soldier of your "genocide officer".

As the lengthy thread already mentionned shows, the culprit is the one who choose an under-par AV (another "security officer" perhaps?), not the employee using AutoIt for the benefit of the company.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

@TheDcoder - Thank you. I will try this, and see if I can get approval to use this. Powershell is so frustrating when using something like StringTrimRight() doesn't exist, and takes more steps to accomplish.

@jchd - I agree, but this is a publicly held company I work for, and the security officer gets to dictate these things regardless of our opinions sometimes. If there was a paid version of Autoit, that would have some type of commercial license and support, it would more easily get accepted. Sounds weird, but it's what happens in large companies. And, there has been  several articles about AutoIt being used for bad things which raises the flags (Albeit falsely). Doesn't make AutoIT bad at all, but unfortunately I am stuck where I am having a difficult time using the tool that has allowed me to make literally magic happen for years.

I am hoping if I can get these scripts to be digitally signed, this will help, but not sure. Anyone that has or is in my position has some insight would be helpful. Telling my company to educate the security officer or dump an antivirus product knows these things do not happen in large corporations. I know this may be going off-topic slightly, but custom MSI's do not get falsely detected as often and I am looking for any methods to help push my case to continue using AutoIT.

@TekWeis, I know about all the points your raised.  I'm also perfectly aware that my post was both excessive and questionable humour.

There are a number of contributors to this forum who experience the same issues you mention.  Many contributors also try hard to promote AutoIt in corporate contexts and this is clearly an ongoing effort.

AutoIt reputation is unduly biaised: you can do a lot of bad things as well with almost any language of your choice.  Unfortunately its extremely easy and comfortable to dismiss AutoIt: poor VB editors take very little risk by blindly flagging anything produced by AutoIt as bad, without ever having to actually analyze and characterize real threats potentially hidden inside.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 4 months later...