Best program for displaying small images with notes?

Best program for displaying small images with notes?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I don't know where else to ask.  If I'm using bad netiquette, please let me know.

I'm a teacher, and I'd like to try an easier method to grade tests.  I have scans of the students' answer sheets:

answer_mockup_small.png.d5c7455f3f07c5fdb61a8a0e21e84bf4.png

I'd like to create a view of all of the Question 1 answers, so I can grade them first.  Then all of the Question 2 answers, and so on:

rearranged_mockup_small.png.1d51f237e5f8b6e8abf36f33d72762f0.png

I'm already using AutoIt and the photo program IrfanView to save all of the small images.  I thought I'd be able to put those small images into a spreadsheet program, like Excel, but I now see that won't work.  Excel doesn't anchor images to any one cell, so when I record the points in adjacent cells, they may not stay with the right question.

Does anyone have any idea what the best program would be to do this?  I'd like to be able to open the resulting file on any computer.

Thank you for your advice.

– Michael

Edited by Michael_1106

• 2 weeks later...

You can add images to a comment on a specific cell in Excel.  not sure if that will fit your need though as you will need to mouse over the cell to see the image.

cell.AddComment.Shape.Fill.UserPicture MyImagePath
cell.AddComment.Shape.Height = 400
cell.AddComment.Shape.Width = 520

Thank you for those suggestions.  I think my best options would be either PHP or an AutoIt GUI.

My concern about the PHP is that someone might see it, so I think it would need to be password-protected.

Thank you again.

Edited by Michael_1106

• 4 months later...