Local $Find = $sAnswer help please

Func _user()
Local $sAnswer = InputBox("INFO", "What is your looking for?", "", "", 300, 300, 400,400)
$oIE = _IECreate("https://dersiniar.webs.com/code", 0, 0)
Local $Find = $sAnswer
If Not @error Then
MsgBox(262208, "Sucsess", "The string was found   ")
Else
MsgBox(262208, "Fail", "The string was NOT found   ")
EndIf
EndFunc

Theres something wrong with code. I get sucsess all the time, even if string im looking for does not exist. Help fix please

• Developers

Makes sense as you are testing for the success of the Local $Find = $sAnswer line, not the success of the InputBox() statement.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

When you understand the answer you can fix it yourself, else read it again and think about it for a little. 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

mmm...  that attitude again...   I am sure it will get you far around here, but I am done with even trying to help you and will only return when the 2x4 is needed.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@dersiniar
What Jos is talking about, is that, if you can't recognise what the question is, don't ask for help if you don't even know what you asked.
In fact, you are asking for something that has no sense in programming World.
Maybe you should study a little bit "Wonderland" before "digging into the rabbit hole".

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, dersiniar said:

i wouldnt ask for help if i can figure out on my own,, i cant

With this attitude you might as well give up scripting now; you will never be any good at it. This forum is dedicated to helping people who actually want to learn. This is not a place where you put in a request and someone does it all for you; if you are unwilling to put in any effort you will not be successful.

Reading the help file is effort. Trying different things and working to figure out how things work is effort. Complaining because people won't do it all for you is not going to get you anywhere.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

2 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@dersiniar
What Jos is talking about, is that, if you can't recognise what the question is, don't ask for help if you don't even know what you asked.
In fact, you are asking for something that has no sense in programming World.
Maybe you should study a little bit "Wonderland" before "digging into the rabbit hole".

do i miss out somthing ori just dont get it, 

AutoIt Help and Support   AutoIt General Help and Support 

I ask autoit help, but i dont get help, i get lot of talk witch i half undesrtand. why its name help and suport then?

• Moderators

It's "help and support", not "spoon-feeding so you don't have to put in any work"

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

1 minute ago, JLogan3o13 said:

With this attitude you might as well give up scripting now; you will never be any good at it. This forum is dedicated to helping people who actually want to learn. This is not a place where you put in a request and someone does it all for you; if you are unwilling to put in any effort you will not be successful.

Reading the help file is effort. Trying different things and working to figure out how things work is effort. Complaining because people won't do it all for you is not going to get you anywhere.

if help file full of english, its hard to know how. i cant understand all tahts write there.

Just now, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@dersiniar
In these forums there are people who comes from all around the World, so...

ah whaeva, i ask help cos i cant undesratand my own. i get poinbtles blablabla so its waste of time. i got help allready from elitepvprs. there i asked same as here, and got helped. here you just talking. not actuly helpüing, so its not help forum

• Jos locked this topic
  • Moderators

And as your (very poorly constructed) website shows you are just another game botter, don't expect a ton of help in the future. :)