January 2, 2019: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v4.1.2 release

Jos

• Moderators

Jos,

A nice New Year present - thanks.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks Jos,

I see you have compiled Tidy and Au3Stripper for XP. I really appreciate that and will drop them into SciTE4AutoIt3 17.224.935.0 and see how Its goes for conflicts, if good I'll run with it and let you know =)  I'm in the middle of doing a basic C/++ WinAPI tutorial for DllCall  so I don't want to break anything for the moment, but will test on XP through 8.1 at the first chance. Again, thanks heaps =)

"Writing code to carry out an intended set of tasks is relatively easy.
Writing code to carry out ONLY an intended set of tasks, well that can be a little more challenging."

Alex Maddern

Hi Jos,

I'm going to try and tread careful here. When first trying to update 'Scite4autoit3' under Win XP I had some issues getting/finding and restoring my preferred theme which is close to the default theme.

Somewhere amidst this I had encountered 'SciTE Customization GUI' and installed it. A. Probably as part of trying to find/reinstate the default theme. B. It looked worthwhile testing as an additional theme editor. I haven't yet tested it ('SciTE Customization GUI') as yet, although I guess I must opened and took a peak at it.

Both('Scite4autoit3' and 'SciTE Customization GUI') are installed. I had actually forgot that the later was even there. When tweaking and trying to save my theme from 'Scite Config' it appeared to save under the theme name I had given, yet I could not find this anywhere in the 'User\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\SciTE' Folder. It turned out I eventually found it in 'Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE Customization GUI\SciTE Customization GUI\Themes'( P.S. I am aware that configs should not be save in \Programs folder. My bad for putting it there). I had also noticed that 'Scite Config' didn't appear to behave the way it had in the past. I had brushed this off as part of the XP Install issue, but now I am uncertain as 'SciTE Customization GUI' appears to override the 'Scite Config' settings. It concerns me that 2 Applications may be fighting for supremacy over the same settings =(

'SciTE Customization GUI' doesn't appear to have any help file or documentation and it's difficult to assess what the default behavior should be.

The above information is provided just so you can understand what I have done so far, it's not your responsibility to answer issues with 3rd party tools.

Qs.After removing 'SciTE Customization GUI' and attempting to save the current theme with a Name I am unable to find a saved theme with that name either as a file or within the Scite4autoit3 '\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE' or '\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\'. I would like to transfer my current them to my other AutoIt + Scite4autoit3 installs as I Update. (From XP though to Win10, and some *Nix boxes).

1.Is 'User\Local Settings\Application Data\AutoIt v3\SciTE\SciTEUser.properties' the default for saves?

2.If so can I transport my current SciTEUser.properties to the other installs and overwrite the default .properties file?

3.Also Can I rename this file (SciTEUser.properties) to 'MyTheme.properties and keep it in the '\Application Data\AutoIt v3\SciTE\SciTEConfig' folder? (the format appears different in the default theme files)

All I need to do is get my current Theme over to all other installs, and try to avoid making additional work for myself :)

(P.S. I've learn my lesson (again) and will test other apps in a VM test box in future)

Sorry for the long winded question, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Writing code to carry out ONLY an intended set of tasks, well that can be a little more challenging."

Alex Maddern

• Developers

The provided SciTEConfig is indeed the only software I support and that doesn't have a Save-Theme option as far as I know, and only saves the information to SciTEUSer.config.
You could create a new file in %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE\SciTEConfig with an ".SciteConfig" extension and copy the modified lines from SciTEUser.properties to this new file so you own theme is saved an can be reused later. SciTEConfig has to option to load these predefined schemes.
So which tool are you using?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos, thanks a lot for your Sisyphean efforts (as maintaining software is never done).:)

Just to let you know, I did get an untrusted-app warning on W10/Pro x64 pausing the installation, but this can be ignored.

En gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

• Developers

Dank je wel en ook een mooi 2019 voor jou. :) 

Did the installer itself give the warning because it isn't signed or was it one of the EXE inside?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 hours ago, Jos said:

So which tool are you using?

If by tool you mean Scite Config, then Scite Config. I'll be staying with the official Scite4AutoIt3 and built in toolset, unless it is some helper script that I need and have created myself, And It would be a per project usage as an include. The only thing I do is change some of the default highlight setting and Font height a little to make it easy on my eyes. I use a number of development environments and SciTe is usually at the top of the choice list. In past years I have edited the config files display settings manually and considered creating an editor for basic settings. Fortunately you have that part nailed down for AutoIt, I still need to create something for my other SciTe installs such as RFO Basic.

I use AutoIt and test my AutoIt scripts across a numerous Windows installs as well as ReactOS and *nix (Wine) in Hardware and Virtual Machine, so keeping the same/ish clean AutoIt install across all makes it convenient for writing and testing under different environments. That may sound a little extreme, but I just like to ensure things work as expected before I use it in real. What is extreme is an old laptop, wireless card, Win8.1 install/Boot disk and a copy of AutoIt3 and Scite4AutoIt3 portable as your default Dev environment. I spent six months writing au3 scripts from a boot disc as my primary OS, not because I had to, but because it seemed like a worthy challenge. That exercise sold me on AutoIt + Scite forever =D

So portable AutoIt3 and Scite4AuoIt3 Clean default install + a copy of Win API help file + a boot disk and a working box with an internet connection and you can create your dreams.

Alex Maddern

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Did the installer itself give the warning because it isn't signed

Yes (probably difficult to fix this), and thanks.:)

• Developers
1 hour ago, VIP said:

I expect a version of AutoIt to integrate the full version of SciTE.

Thank Jos.

Don't hold your breath as this installer and it software is ONLY maintained by me and nobody else has access to the source.
The "only" thing that is part of the AutoIt SVN is the SciTE source, which I also maintain for both the Lite and Full version part.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
11 minutes ago, BigDaddyO said:

I'm one of those weirdo's that neeeeds all the comments lined up neatly at the end of rows..

Well you can have Tidy do it for you now. ;)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

As I see this new Tidy feature are very well taken by users.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it's not the mouse I have that SciTE don't like 

but When doing a negative scroll with the mouse wheel above the SciTE window the scrolling effect isn't as smooth as with other apps

Simple test: Is the SciTE window smooth Scrolling for you evenly in to both ways ? 

Thanks

Deye

• Moderators

Deye,

Yes.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jos - running Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5) on one script gives me this error

! There were more than 100 Errors found. Only showing the first 100.

-=============================================================================================================
-#### Au3Stripper Found 118 Error(s)!!!!    This means your script could have problems running properly.  ####
-=============================================================================================================

It seems that if there are less than 100 errors - the errors are listed (and can then be fixed)

But in this case - I cannot find what it is that Au3Stripper doesn't like.

Also - I have tried using   Au3Stripper parameters /TL /debug in  AutoIt3Wrapper  but it does not produce a log file.

Is this expected ?

Thanks.

Steve

• Developers

I am a little confused here: you mention au3check, but show au3stripper.
Au3stripper will list each issue found and "only" print details on the first 100....  didn't you get those?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic