January 2, 2019: New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with the updated SciTE v4.1.2 release

Jos

There are my directives

You will notice - I have tried get a debug log written out - but if it is written out - I can't find it.

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=xxxx.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=xxxx
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=2.0.0.256
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=p
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ProductName=xxxx
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_CompanyName=xxxx
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=xxxx
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=/TL /debug
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Here is the full console out:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /ShowGui /prod /in "D:\Scripts\xxxx.au3"
+>20:38:37 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.703.1808.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:D:\Scripts\xxxx.au3
+>20:38:43 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running Au3Stripper (19.102.1901.1)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Au3Stripper cmdline:
! There were more than 100 Errors found. Only showing the first 100.

-=============================================================================================================
-#### Au3Stripper Found 118 Error(s)!!!!    This means your script could have problems running properly.  ####
-=============================================================================================================
- 1.75 Iteration 1 Strip Functions result: Output  7939 lines, stripped 3047 Func lines and 5056 Commentlines
- 4.00 Iteration 2 Strip Variables result: Output  6796 lines and stripped 1143 lines
- 5.44 Iteration 3 Strip Variables result: Output  6765 lines and stripped 31 lines
- 6.88 Iteration 4 Strip Variables result: Output  6764 lines and stripped 1 lines
- 8.38 Iteration 5 Strip Variables result: Output  6764 lines and stripped 0 lines
+> Source    16290 lines 739640 Characters.
+> Stripped  4222 Func/Var lines and  5056 comment lines, Total 473086 Characters.
+> Saved     56% lines 63% Characters.
+> Au3Stripper v19.102.1901.1 finished created:xxxx_stripped.au3
!>20:38:51 ---------------------------------------------------------------
!>20:38:51 Au3Stripper ended with errors, using original scriptfile.rc:118
!>20:38:51 ---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help.

Steve

• Developers
4 hours ago, steve8tch said:

You will notice - I have tried get a debug log written out - but if it is written out - I can't find it.

The log should be in %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE\Au3Stripper\Au3Stripper.Log
I would have expected the au3stripper would show thoe 100 in the SciTE console so guess I need to look at that! :)

EDIT: It actually does show all warnings/errors encountered on the fly, so could you send me your script or a reproducer so I can test with that?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi !, I have a request for au3stripper 😀
Tried the /rm ( Rename Variables and Functions ) and the resulting exe is much smaller, cool !
Now, I use a bunch of ConsoleWrite's that are meaningless in the compiled version.
The request: could a /rc ( remove ConsoleWrite() ) be added ?

Thanks

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

I'd mass-change ConsoleWrite to $ConsoleWrite and put that ahead:

Global $ConsoleWrite = @Compiled ? _ConsoleWriteNull : ConsoleWrite
Func _ConsoleWriteNull(ByRef $s)
    Return
EndFunc

A few pointless invokations of such an empty function shouldn't be noticeable.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• Developers

Iam not going to implement these kinds of requests as they potentially could cripple the script and doubt this saves much space anyways.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...

My configuration:
AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.5
SciTE Version 4.1.2
My language : French

The new version of Scite 4.12 works very well. Thanks a lot for the update.

But if I use the Tidy option, and run my script, the encoding switches from "utf8" to "code page property" which modifies the accents of my source code and renders them unreadable.

If I put the encoding on "utf8" via the menu, the accents are redisplayed, except the "à" located in my comments.

What I have to do to ?

• Developers

Please post a test files as attachment so I can test and also cut&paste the SciTE outputpane information when you run Tidy so I can see all required information of your setup.

Thanks,
Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Explanations for the pictures included :

1 - Scite in utf8, without Tidy => result is ok
2a - With Tidy => accents became unreadable
2b - AND Scite menu encoding became "Code Page Property".
3 - So I select "utf8" in the menu but the result is not perfect => the "à" are always unreadable
4 - If I run this script, I get a strange result.
But, If I remove the unreadable caracters, the result is fine.

I have also included my config files : SciTEUser.properties and SciTEGlobal.properties

Thanks for your help,

1 -

1148002711_1-Sciteutf8withoutTidy-ok.jpg.7b332264d7b65f1b61390b14e5f157e3.jpg

2a -

1940306576_2a-RunSciteutf8withTidy-utf8hasgone.thumb.jpg.31730f23efac771bc373fdbf2b07b344.jpg

2b -

628273512_2b-RunSciteutf8withTidy-utf8hasgoneinmenu.jpg.16aeebd13ca5268d994cd8a7924acaba.jpg

3 -

356930750_3-Sciteutf8back-iswrong.jpg.f27a67fd5ad4b958a5d4d42efd0aba61.jpg

4 -

1117379292_4-Sciteutf8withoutTidy-strange.jpg.337d1a5345d5be240a85068502d8ce42.jpg

SciTEUser.properties SciTEGlobal.properties

Edited by ldub

• Developers

Thanks for the explanation but I am still missing the 2 things I requested! 

1 hour ago, Jos said:

Please post a test files as attachment so I can test and also cut&paste the SciTE outputpane information when you run Tidy 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Thanks.

What is the reason you changed the default for?:

utf8.auto.check=0

I think that should be 4, as the default, and probably will fix your issue.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I don't get that issue anymore after I set it back to 4 so can't replicate it at this moment other than when set to 0.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos,

You told me : "What is the reason you changed the default for "utf8.auto.check=0" ? I think that should be 4, as the default, and probably will fix your issue "

I havent changed anything after the installation of Scite 4.1.2.
And I see that the default values are the same as my previous version of Scite 4.1.0, which works fine :

For SciTEGlobal.properties, internationalisation values are always :

2078319999_SciTEGlobal.properties-oldok-internationalisationvalues.jpg.6490bb0d2e22225bb9b70f47bb6998ba.jpg

For SciTEUser.properties ,  internationalisation values are always:

606908789_SciTEUser.properties-oldok-internationalisationvalues.jpg.0b91459cf4339770572127ba06c151f0.jpg

As I told you, the problem occurs only when I run Tidy in Scite.

Edited by ldub

• Developers

That could be the case that something is changed in the original version of SciTE causing this for you, but my problem is that I do not see your issue when it is set to 4 and run Tidy against your script. Option 4 is an add-on from the RU version which should better detect the usage of local ANSI characters and make it only "Code Page Property" when it does contain a special character, else it will make it UTF8 without BOM as default.

You do have to re-open the file after the changed the utf8.auto.check=4 ...right?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

With utf8.auto.check=4, it's the same...
Sure that I have re-opened the file after the change .

The problem occurs only when I run Tidy in Scite.
This option put the utf8 code page off.

• Developers
1 hour ago, ldub said:

This option put the utf8 code page off.

SciTE does the AutoDetect when it reloads the file after being tidied, so for some reason SciTE thinks the file now contains ANSI Special characters.

Does the file look correct when you switch back or is there an actual change of an character after the tidy process?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic