Tesseract OCR Get Text Location

BigDaddyO

I have had a need for quite a while to redact sensitive information in screenshots before sending them off to 3rd party auditors.  Previously I have done this by using HP UFT which has built in ocr to find the text, and then pass that to my AutoIt script to redact that information and take the screenshot.

Using Tesseract and the UDF provided by seangriffin as a great starting point I was able to finally incorporate all of this into just AutoIt.  This requires the Tesseract v3.0.5+ as it uses the tsv option.  I wrote this using v4.0.0 which is available here

I’ve never needed to use OCR to find text to click on but if you just want to use this for that, then the array returned by _TesseractFindCoords() will provide that.

For some reason ScITE refreshes the screen a lot while running which can delete the redaction so it’s best to have ScITE on a different screen than what Explorer will open on when running this example.

Run Script, Pick 1 or more files in a single folder then click Open.
The script will then ShellExecute to open that selected folder and a screenshot will be taken.
OCR will be performed and the selected files will be redacted, then a screenshot will be taken of that redacted screen.
The redacted screenshot will then be displayed.

The main functions that I’d love some feedback on are the _TesseractCaptureText() and _TesseractFindCoords().
Also, If you know of a way to prevent refreshes from deleting the _WinAPI_DrawLine in the Redaction I’d love to hear it, though it doesn’t seem to be a problem when I run as compiled.

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>                                     ;Required to create a unique ~temp file
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>                            ;Required to capture image

Global $aOCR_IMG_ORI                                    ;Global Var that will store the location of the image that was taken to perform OCR on
Global $tesseract_temp_path = @TempDir & "\"            ;Location of the image that is taken, and the .tsv file that is generated from that
Global $tesseract_path = @ScriptDir & "\Tesseract-OCR\" ;Need to have the Tesseract-OCR folder in the sub-folder of the script thats running
Global $sPath, $aFileName

;For this example, you will browse to a folder and select a file.  that files name will be the text to search for
;  That files location will then be opened in Windows Explorer and OCR will be performed on that to find the file within that folder
;   Note:  file name must be visible to find so pick a folder without too many files or file names that are longer than can be displayed

;Pick file(s) to OCR find within Explorer
    $sFile = FileOpenDialog("Pick a file", @ScriptDir, "All (*.*)", 4)

$aFiles = StringSplit($sFile, "|")
    If $aFiles[0] > 1 Then
        ;Multiple files were selected.
        ;[1] will contain the folder
        ;[2]+ will contain the individual files
        Global $aFileName[$aFiles[0] - 1]
        $sPath = $aFiles[1] & "\"
        For $i = 2 to $aFiles[0]
            $aFileName[$i - 2] = $aFiles[$i]
        Next
    Else
        ;Only 1 file was selected, split it up into parts so the array will be setup same as if multiple files were selected
        Local $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension
        $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($sFile, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension)
        $sPath = $sDrive & $sDir
        Global $aFileName[1]  = [$sFileName & $sExtension]
    EndIf

SplashTextOn("MyOCR_Example", "This can take a few minutes..." & @CRLF & "Opening Location", 500, 40, 0, 0)
    ShellExecute($sPath, "open")

WinWaitActive("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]", StringLeft($sPath, StringLen($sPath) - 1), 15)   ;Wait until WinExplorer is opened
    ControlSetText("MyOCR_Example", "", "Static1", "Found WinExplorer")

;Capture all text from the main area of Windows Explorer
    ControlSetText("MyOCR_Example", "", "Static1", "Getting all text")
    $aTSV = _TesseractCaptureText("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]", "", "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:3]", 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1)     ;Capture text from the explorer item within windows explorer

;From the captured text, find what we are looking for
;Must not do anything that would cause screen refreshes in the loop or before taking screenshot as that can erase redaction, ControlSetText in SplashText can break it too...
For $i = 0 to UBound($aFileName) - 1

$sFileName = StringLeft($aFileName[$i], StringInStr($aFileName[$i], ".", 0, -1) - 1)    ;Strip off the Extension since some systems hide extensions

ConsoleWrite("Looking for " & $sFileName)
    $aCoords = _TesseractFindCoords($aTSV, $sFileName, 0, 1, 2)     ;Returns x,y,w,h of requested text

ConsoleWrite(@TAB & "Drawing a black line from " & $aOCR_IMG_ORI[0] + $aCoords[0] & "," & $aOCR_IMG_ORI[1] + $aCoords[1] & " to " & $aCoords[2] & "," & $aCoords[3] & @CRLF)
    _Redact($aOCR_IMG_ORI[0] + $aCoords[0], $aOCR_IMG_ORI[1] + $aCoords[1], $aCoords[2], $aCoords[3], 0x000000) ;Black out/Redact the selected text

Next

;Now that everything is redacted, take the screenshot
$hwnd2 = ControlGetHandle("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]", "", "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:3]")
_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd(@ScriptDir & "\Redacted.jpg", $hwnd2)

MsgBox(0, "", "Redacted" & @CRLF & "Click OK to display screenshot")
ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\Redacted.jpg")

;===============================================================================
; Name...........:  _TesseractFindCoords()
; Description ...:  Retreives the Coordinates for specific text from the text returned by a Tesseract OCR TSV function
; Syntax.........:  _TesseractFindCoords($aTSV, $sFind, $iFindType = 0, $iMatch = 1)
; Parameters ....:  $aTSV               - Array returned from one of the _Tesseract-CapturePOS() functions
;                   $sFind              - String value of the text to find, spacing will be ignored as Tesseract seperates array by words ignoring spaces.
;                   $iFindType          - How to search for the text
;                                           0 = Contains anywhere (StringInStr) (default)
;                                           1 = Starts with (StringLeft)
;                                           2 = Ends with   (StringRight)
;                                           3 = Exact Match (=)
;                   $iMatch             - If multiple matches may exist, which of them do we want to return
;                                           1 = Return the first one we find (default)
;                                           -1 = Return the last one we find
;                                           # = Return the # item that we find
;                   $scale              - This must be the same scale as used in the _TesseractCaptureText() function as it will be used to adjust the coordinates
;
;                                       2nd to last Column = conf.  Confidence % that it's actually the word, may want to incorporate this as an additional option
;
; Return values .:  On Success  - Returns an array of coordinates for the matched text.
;                   On Failure  - Sets @error, returns empty array
;
; Author ........:  BigDaddyO
; Modified.......:
;
; Remarks .......:  Array returned from the _TesseractCaptureText() functions contains the text and their location
;                   This function finds the $sFind text within that array.
;                   Note:   All text from the image is broken down into individual words, so if the $sFind contains any spaces then it will
;                           be split up into an array itself and will be matched as concurrent items in the array.
;                           The Coordinates of each word are then added together to make coords for a single box including calculated space width
;
; Related .......:  Requires Tesseract 3.05+ to use TSV commandline option
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:
;==========================================================================================
Func _TesseractFindCoords($aTSV, $sTextToFind, $iFindType = 0, $iMatch = 1, $scale = 2)

If $iMatch = 0 Then
        ConsoleWrite("Error, $iMatch 0 is not valid" & @CRLF)
        Return SetError(1)
    EndIf

local $aCoords[4]                                                       ;Create the array that will store the coordinates
    Local $iFoundCount = 0

$sTextToFind = StringStripWS($sTextToFind, 7)                           ;Remove any Trailing, leading, or double spaces so it will split and match up properly

If $sTextToFind = "" Then
        ConsoleWrite("Error, the $sTextToFind is empty" & @CRLF)
        Return SetError(1, 0, $aCoords)
    EndIf

If IsArray($aTSV) = 0 Then
        ConsoleWrite("Error, $aTSV is not an array" & @CRLF)
    EndIf

If UBound($aTSV, 2) <> 12 Then
        ConsoleWrite("OCR Text array size = ([" & UBound($aTSV) & "][" & UBound($aTSV, 2) & "]), does not match the expected [#][12].  Ensure you have the $tsv flag set to 1 in the _TesseractCaptureText() Function" & @CRLF)
        Return SetError(2, 0, $aCoords)
    EndIf

$aSearchText = StringSplit($sTextToFind, " ")                           ;Split up the $sTextToFind into individual words as Tesseract stores them

Switch $iFindType
        Case 0                                                              ;Looks anywhere for the word/sentence to start and end, words within a sentence must be exact

For $i = 1 to UBound($aTSV) - 1                                 ;Search the contents of the OCR text array

If $aSearchText[0] > 1 Then                                 ;This is a sentence, not just a word, so ensure this ends with the first word, not just InStr
                    If StringRight($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[1])) <> $aSearchText[1] Then
                        ContinueLoop                                        ;This is not the text we are looking for
                    EndIf
                Else                                                        ;Looking for just a single word, so it could be anywhere
                    If StringInStr($aTSV[$i][11], $aSearchText[1]) = 0 Then
                        ContinueLoop                                        ;This is not the text we are looking for
                    EndIf
                EndIf

Local $aTmpCoords[4]                                        ;Create array to store the coords until we are sure it's a full match
                Local $iFoundAt = $i                                        ;Save the # we found the first word at, incase this isn't the whole sentence
                Local $iCount = 0                                           ;Used to count the current word in the search text array we are on

For $t = $i to $i + ($aSearchText[0] - 1)                   ;Looks like this is what we want, verify everything matches.

$iCount += 1
                    Select

Case $iCount = $aSearchText[0]                      ;This is the last word in the text we are looking for

If $iCount = 1 Then                             ;If this is actually the first & last then we need to save the Coords directly

If StringInStr($aTSV[$t][11], $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1]) Then  ;This is the first & Last word to find, so do an InStr
                                    $aTmpCoords[0] = $aTSV[$t][6]           ;Save the left value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7]           ;Save the Top value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[2] = $aTSV[$t][8]           ;Save the Width value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9]           ;Save the Height value into the Temp Coords array
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)                         ;not found, so continue looking for full match
                                EndIf

Else                                            ;This is the last but not the first, so we need to do a StringLeft instead of InStr to ensure the sentence is continues.

If StringLeft($aTSV[$t][11], StringLen($aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1])) = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                    If $aTmpCoords[1] > $aTSV[$t][7] Then $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7] ;Use the top most coord avail
                                    $aTmpCoords[2] += $aTSV[$t][8]                                      ;Add this words width to what we already have
                                    If $aTmpCoords[3] < $aTSV[$t][9] Then $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9] ;Use the value with the greatest height
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)
                                EndIf

EndIf

$iFoundCount += 1                               ;This is a full match, so Increase the successful match by 1

$aCoords[0] = $aTmpCoords[0]                    ;Save the Temp Coordinates
                            $aCoords[1] = $aTmpCoords[1]
                            $aCoords[2] = $aTmpCoords[2]
                            $aCoords[3] = $aTmpCoords[3]

If $iMatch = $iFoundCount Then                  ;See if this is the match we want, defaults to the first match found
                                ;If there are multiple words, need to identify how many pixels to include where the spaces should have been
                                If $aSearchText[0] > 1 Then
                                    $iSpace = $aTSV[$t][8] / StringLen($aTSV[$t][11])   ;Get width of this word, then divide by the character length to get pixels per character
                                    $sTxtOnly = StringStripWS($sTextToFind, 8)
                                    $iSpace = $aCoords[2] / StringLen($sTxtOnly)        ;Divide the total width by the number of characters to get Pixels per character
                                    $aCoords[2] += ($iSpace * ($aSearchText[0] - 1))
                                EndIf

;Convert the coordinates to onscreen coords according to the scale
                                $aCoords[0] = $aCoords[0] / $scale
                                $aCoords[1] = $aCoords[1] / $scale
                                $aCoords[2] = $aCoords[2] / $scale
                                $aCoords[3] = $aCoords[3] / $scale
                                Return $aCoords
                            Else
                                ContinueLoop(2)                             ;We found the full search text, but we don't want this one.
                            EndIf

Case $iCount = 1
                            If $aSearchText[0] > 1 Then                     ;This is a sentence, not just a word, so ensure this ends with the first word, not just InStr
                                If StringRight($aTSV[$t][11], StringLen($aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1])) <> $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                    ContinueLoop(2)                         ;This is not the text we are looking for
                                EndIf
                            Else
                                If StringInStr($aTSV[$t][11], $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1]) = 0 Then
                                    ContinueLoop(2)                         ;This is not the text we are looking for
                                EndIf
                            EndIf
                            $aTmpCoords[0] = $aTSV[$t][6]                   ;Save the left value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7]                   ;Save the top value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[2] = $aTSV[$t][8]                   ;Save the width value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9]                   ;Save the height value into the Temp Coords array
                            ContinueLoop                                    ;Look for the next word

Case Else                                           ;This is a middle word in the search text, so do an =
                            If $aTSV[$t][11] = $aSearchText[$t - $iFoundAt + 1] Then
                                ;Leave the [0] coord as-is
                                If $aTmpCoords[1] > $aTSV[$t][7] Then $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7] ;Use the top most coord avail
                                $aTmpCoords[2] += $aTSV[$t][8]                                      ;Add this words width to what we already have
                                If $aTmpCoords[3] < $aTSV[$t][9] Then $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9] ;Use the value with the greatest height
                                ContinueLoop                                ;Possible that there is only 1 search word, so need to continue loop so the Start and End don't get triggered
                            Else
                                $i = $iFoundAt
                                ContinueLoop(2)                             ;if we didn't find the last word in the search text, start the search over
                            EndIf

EndSelect

Next

Next

Case 1      ;The word/sentence starts with the specified text
            For $i = 1 to UBound($aTSV) - 1                                 ;Search the contents of the OCR text array

If $aSearchText[0] > 1 Then                                 ;This is a sentence, not just a word, so ensure the entire first word matches
                    If $aTSV[$i][11] <> $aSearchText[1] Then
                        ContinueLoop
                    EndIf
                Else                                                        ;Looking for just a single word, so ensure it starts with this
                    If StringLeft($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[1])) <> $aSearchText[1] Then
                    EndIf
                EndIf

Local $aTmpCoords[4]                                        ;Create array to store the coords until we are sure it's a full match
                Local $iFoundAt = $i                                        ;Save the # we found the first word at, incase this isn't the whole sentence
                Local $iCount = 0                                           ;Used to count the current word in the search text array we are on

For $t = $i to $i + ($aSearchText[0] - 1)                   ;Looks like this is what we want, verify everything matches.

$iCount += 1
                    Select

Case $iCount = $aSearchText[0]                      ;This is the last word in the text we are looking for

If $iCount = 1 Then                             ;If this is actually the first & last then we need to save the Coords directly

If StringLeft($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[1])) = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then  ;This is the first & Last word to find, so ensure it starts with
                                    $aTmpCoords[0] = $aTSV[$t][6]           ;Save the left value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7]           ;Save the Top value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[2] = $aTSV[$t][8]           ;Save the Width value into the Temp Coords array
                                    $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9]           ;Save the Height value into the Temp Coords array
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)                         ;not found, so continue looking for full match
                                EndIf

Else                                            ;This is the last but not the first, so we need to do a StringLeft to ensure the sentence is continues.

If StringLeft($aTSV[$t][11], StringLen($aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1])) = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)
                                EndIf

EndIf

$iFoundCount += 1                               ;This is a full match, so Increase the successful match by 1

If $iMatch = $iFoundCount Then                  ;See if this is the match we want, defaults to the first match found
                                ;If there are multiple words, need to identify how many pixels to include where the spaces should have been
                                    $iSpace = $aTSV[$t][8] / StringLen($aTSV[$t][11])   ;Get width of this word, then divide by the character length to get pixels per character
                                    $iSpace = $aCoords[2] / StringLen($sTxtOnly)        ;Divide the total width by the number of characters to get Pixels per character
                                EndIf

Return $aCoords
                            Else
                                ContinueLoop(2)                             ;We found the full search text, but we don't want this one.
                            EndIf

Case $iCount = 1
                            If $aSearchText[0] > 1 Then                     ;This is a sentence, not just a word, so ensure this matches the first word exactly
                                If $aTSV[$t][11] <> $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                EndIf
                            Else
                                If StringLeft($aTSV[$t][11], StringLen($aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1])) <> $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                EndIf
                            EndIf
                            $aTmpCoords[0] = $aTSV[$t][6]                   ;Save the left value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7]                   ;Save the top value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[2] = $aTSV[$t][8]                   ;Save the width value into the Temp Coords array
                            $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9]                   ;Save the height value into the Temp Coords array

Case Else                                           ;This is a middle word in the search text, so do an =
                                ContinueLoop                                ;Possible that there is only 1 search word, so need to continue loop so the Start and End don't get triggered
                            Else
                                $i = $iFoundAt
                                ContinueLoop(2)                             ;if we didn't find the last word in the search text, start the search over
                            EndIf

EndSelect

Next

Next

Case 2      ;The word/sentence ends with the specified text

If StringRight($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[1])) <> $aSearchText[1] Then   ;Ensure the first word is the last part
                    ContinueLoop                                            ;This is not the text we are looking for
                EndIf

$iCount += 1
                    Select

If StringRight($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[1])) = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then ;This is the first & Last word to find, so ensure it Ends with
                                Else
                                EndIf

Else                                            ;This is the last but not the first, so we need to match exact since nothing should be before or after.

If $aTSV[$t][11] = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)
                                EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

Return $aCoords
                            Else
                            EndIf

Case $iCount = 1
                            If StringRight($aTSV[$i][11], StringLen($aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1])) = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                            Else
                                ContinueLoop(2)
                            EndIf

Case Else                                               ;This is a middle word in the search text, so do an =
                                ContinueLoop                                    ;Possible that there is only 1 search word, so need to continue loop so the Start and End don't get triggered
                            Else
                                ContinueLoop(2)                                 ;if we didn't find the last word in the search text, start the search over
                            EndIf

EndSelect

Next

Next

Case 3      ;The word/sentence match exactly with what is specified

If $aTSV[$i][11] <> $aSearchText[1] Then                    ;Ensure the first word matches
                    ContinueLoop                                            ;This is not the text we are looking for
                EndIf

$iCount += 1
                    Select

If $aTSV[$i][11] = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then  ;This is the first & Last word to find, so ensure it matches exact
                                Else
                                EndIf

Else                                            ;This is the last but not the first, so we need to match exact since nothing should be before or after.

If $aTSV[$t][11] = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                Else
                                    ContinueLoop(2)
                                EndIf

EndIf

EndIf

Return $aCoords
                            Else
                            EndIf

Case $iCount = 1
                            If $aTSV[$i][11] = $aSearchText[($t - $iFoundAt) + 1] Then
                                $aTmpCoords[0] = $aTSV[$t][6]               ;Save the left value into the Temp Coords array
                                $aTmpCoords[1] = $aTSV[$t][7]               ;Save the top value into the Temp Coords array
                                $aTmpCoords[2] = $aTSV[$t][8]               ;Save the width value into the Temp Coords array
                                $aTmpCoords[3] = $aTSV[$t][9]               ;Save the height value into the Temp Coords array
                                ContinueLoop                                ;Look for the next word
                            Else
                                ContinueLoop(2)
                            EndIf

$aTmpCoords[2] += $aTSV[$t][8]                                      ;Add this words width to what we already have
                            Else
                            EndIf

EndSelect

Next

Next

Case Else
            ConsoleWrite("Invalid $iFindType value" & @CRLF)

EndSwitch

If $iMatch = -1 Then        ;If the $iMatch = -1 then we want the last match found which should now be set to the $aCoords array, so return that
        Return $aCoords
    EndIf

Return SetError(1, 0, $aCoords) ;If we got this far, then text was not found

EndFunc ;_TesseractFindCoords()

; #FUNCTION# ===============================================================================
;
; Name...........:  _TesseractCaptureText()
; Description ...:  Captures text from a control or Window
; Syntax.........:  _TesseractCaptureText($win_title, $win_text = "", $ctrl_id = "", $scale = 2, $left_indent = 0, $top_indent = 0, $right_indent = 0, $bottom_indent = 0, $tsv = 0)
; Parameters ....:  $win_title          - The title of the window to capture text from.
;                   $win_text           - Optional: The text of the window to capture text from.
;                   $ctrl_id            - Optional: The ID of the control to capture text from.
;                                           The text of the window will be returned if one isn't provided.
;                   $scale              - Optional: The scaling factor of the screenshot prior to text recognition.
;                                           Increase this number to improve accuracy.
;                                           The default is 2.
;                   $left_indent        - A number of pixels to indent the capture from the
;                                           left of the control.
;                   $top_indent         - A number of pixels to indent the capture from the
;                                           top of the control.
;                   $right_indent       - A number of pixels to indent the capture from the
;                                           right of the control.
;                   $bottom_indent      - A number of pixels to indent the capture from the
;                                           bottom of the control.
;                   $tsv                - What type of return you want
;                                           0 = Return text in a 1D array
;                                           1 = Returns 2D array showing text and the exact position found within the control
;
; Return values .:  On Success  - Returns an array of text that was captured.  Global Var ($aOCR_IMG_ORI) is the starting coord the OCR image was captured from
;                   On Failure  - Returns an empty array.
; Author ........:  seangriffin - Was origionally _TesseractControlCapture() function
;
; Modified.......:  BigDaddyO   - Included new ability to capture coords using $tsv (requires 3.05+)
;                               - Removed the dropdown and listbox stuff as they should allow their text to be pulled directly without OCR
;                               - Removed the Cleanup option as that wasn't compatible with the new tsv options.
;                               - Removed the scrolling option as it added a lot of complications and could just call this function +1 times to do the same if text not found
;
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:
;
;==========================================================================================
Func _TesseractCaptureText($win_title, $win_text = "", $ctrl_id = "", $scale = 2, $left_indent = 0, $top_indent = 0, $right_indent = 0, $bottom_indent = 0, $tsv = 0, $Debug = 0)

if Not IsDeclared($aOCR_IMG_ORI) Then Global $aOCR_IMG_ORI
    Local $aArray, $hwnd

; if a control ID is specified, then get it's HWND
    if StringCompare($ctrl_id, "") <> 0 Then
        $hwnd = ControlGetHandle($win_title, $win_text, $ctrl_id)
    EndIf

; Perform the text recognition
    WinActivate($win_title)

$capture_filename = _TempFile($tesseract_temp_path, "~", ".tif")
    $ocr_filename = StringLeft($capture_filename, StringLen($capture_filename) - 4)

$Capture = CaptureToTIFF($win_title, $win_text, $hwnd, $capture_filename, $scale, $left_indent, $top_indent, $right_indent, $bottom_indent)
    If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("Error Capturing TIFF for OCR (" & $Capture & ")" & @CRLF)
    EndIf

$aOCR_IMG_ORI = $Capture

ConsoleWrite("Area that will be scanned for OCR: " & $Capture[0] & "," & $Capture[1] & "," & $Capture[2] & "," & $Capture[3] & @CRLF)

If $tsv = 1 Then
        $ocr_filename_and_ext = $ocr_filename & ".tsv"
        ShellExecuteWait($tesseract_path & "tesseract.exe", $capture_filename & " " & $ocr_filename & " tsv", $tesseract_path, "open", @SW_HIDE)    ;This will return a tab seperated file
    Else
        $ocr_filename_and_ext = $ocr_filename & ".txt"
        ShellExecuteWait($tesseract_path & "tesseract.exe", $capture_filename & " " & $ocr_filename, $tesseract_path, "open", @SW_HIDE)
    EndIf

If $tsv = 1 Then
        _FileReadToArray($ocr_filename_and_ext, $aArray, 0, @TAB)   ;Build a 2D array
    Else
        _FileReadToArray($ocr_filename_and_ext, $aArray, 0)         ;This will return each line of text in a 1D array
    EndIf

FileDelete($ocr_filename & ".*")

Return $aArray

EndFunc

;Draw the black line over the text we found prior to taking a screenshot
;   Note, if running from ScITE consolewrites and some other things within the script can refresh the screen and delete the redactions
;       Best if you can move ScITE to a different screen than the redaction is running on, or just run as compiled.
Func _Redact($iX, $iY, $iWidth, $iHeight, $iColor)

Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC(0)                                                     ;DC of entire screen (desktop)
    Local $hPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, $iHeight, $iColor)                           ;Create a solid pen object with the color provided
    Local $oSelect = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC, $hPen)                                      ;Select the $hDC and use the $hPen for this line
    _WinAPI_DrawLine($hDC, $iX, $iY + ($iHeight / 2), $iX + $iWidth, $iY + ($iHeight / 2))  ;Draw the line in the middle, Pen size should cover everything

_WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hDC, $oSelect)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC)

EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_DrawRect

; #FUNCTION# ;===============================================================================
;
; Name...........:  CaptureToTIFF()
; Description ...:  Captures an image of the screen, a window or a control, and saves it to a TIFF file.
; Syntax.........:  CaptureToTIFF($win_title = "", $win_text = "", $ctrl_id = "", $sOutImage = "", $scale = 1, $left_indent = 0, $top_indent = 0, $right_indent = 0, $bottom_indent = 0)
; Parameters ....:  $win_title      - The title of the window to capture an image of.
;                   $win_text       - Optional: The text of the window to capture an image of.
;                   $ctrl_id        - Optional: The ID of the control to capture an image of.
;                                       An image of the window will be returned if one isn't provided.
;                   $sOutImage      - The filename to store the image in.
;                   $scale          - Optional: The scaling factor of the capture.
;                   $left_indent    - A number of pixels to indent the screen capture from the
;                                       left of the window or control.
;                   $top_indent     - A number of pixels to indent the screen capture from the
;                                       top of the window or control.
;                   $right_indent   - A number of pixels to indent the screen capture from the
;                                       right of the window or control.
;                   $bottom_indent  - A number of pixels to indent the screen capture from the
;                                       bottom of the window or control.
; Return values .:  None
; Author ........:  seangriffin
; Modified.......:  BigDaddyO       - Returns the Position of the object we are scanning for text
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......:  No
;
; ;==========================================================================================
Func CaptureToTIFF($win_title = "", $win_text = "", $ctrl_id = "", $sOutImage = "", $scale = 1, $left_indent = 0, $top_indent = 0, $right_indent = 0, $bottom_indent = 0)

Local $hWnd, $hwnd2, $hDC, $hBMP, $hImage1, $hGraphic, $CLSID, $tParams, $pParams, $tData, $i = 0, $hImage2, $pos[4], $screenpos[4]
    Local $Ext = StringUpper(StringMid($sOutImage, StringInStr($sOutImage, ".", 0, -1) + 1))
    Local $giTIFColorDepth = 24
    Local $giTIFCompression = $GDIP_EVTCOMPRESSIONNONE

; If capturing a control
    if StringCompare($ctrl_id, "") <> 0 Then

$hwnd2 = ControlGetHandle($win_title, $win_text, $ctrl_id)
        $pos = WinGetPos($hwnd2)                                        ;WinGetPos works for controls as well if you pass the handle as the window title

Else

; If capturing a window
        if StringCompare($win_title, "") <> 0 Then

$hwnd2 = WinGetHandle($win_title, $win_text)
            $pos = WinGetPos($win_title, $win_text)

Else

; If capturing the desktop
            $hwnd2 = ""
            $pos[0] = 0
            $pos[1] = 0
            $pos[2] = @DesktopWidth
            $pos[3] = @DesktopHeight

EndIf
    EndIf

If $pos[2] < 1 or $pos[3] < 1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "No Width or Height found for specified item")

; Capture an image of the window / control
    if IsHWnd($hwnd2) Then

WinActivate($win_title, $win_text)
        $hBitmap2 = _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd("", $hwnd2, 0, 0, -1, -1, False)
    Else

$hBitmap2 = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", 0, 0, -1, -1, False)
    EndIf

_GDIPlus_Startup ()

; Convert the image to a bitmap
    $hImage2 = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP ($hBitmap2)

$hWnd = _WinAPI_GetDesktopWindow()
    $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hWnd)
    $hBMP = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, ($pos[2] * $scale) - ($right_indent * $scale), ($pos[3] * $scale) - ($bottom_indent * $scale))

_WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hDC)
    $hImage1 = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP ($hBMP)
    $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hImage1)
    _GDIPLus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hGraphic, $hImage2, 0 - ($left_indent * $scale), 0 - ($top_indent * $scale), ($pos[2] * $scale) + $left_indent, ($pos[3] * $scale) + $top_indent)
    $CLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID($Ext)

; Set TIFF parameters
    $tParams = _GDIPlus_ParamInit(2)
    $tData = DllStructCreate("int ColorDepth;int Compression")
    DllStructSetData($tData, "ColorDepth", $giTIFColorDepth)
    DllStructSetData($tData, "Compression", $giTIFCompression)
    _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGCOLORDEPTH, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, DllStructGetPtr($tData, "ColorDepth"))
    _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGCOMPRESSION, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, DllStructGetPtr($tData, "Compression"))
    If IsDllStruct($tParams) Then $pParams = DllStructGetPtr($tParams)

; Save TIFF and cleanup
    _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($hImage1, $sOutImage, $CLSID, $pParams)
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage1)
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage2)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose ($hGraphic)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBMP)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()

$pos[0] += $left_indent
    $pos[1] += $top_indent
    $pos[2] -= $left_indent - $right_indent ;Subtract the left and right indent from the overall width
    $pos[3] -= $top_indent - $bottom_indent ;Subtract the top and bottom indent from the overall height

Return $pos                             ;Return the expected size of the control/window that was captured

EndFunc

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, BigDaddyO said:

the array returned by  _TesseractFindCoords() will provide that

From the sample above this line:  

$aCoords = _TesseractFindCoords($aTSV, $sFileName, 0, 1, 2)     ;Returns x,y,w,h of requested text

Oo thank you so much I adapt process for my expectations.

My windows where text is searching are only white area and black text(like in my screen above).

Is there any possibilties to make it script perform faster?

only way to speed it up is by reducing the size of the screenshot you are scanning.

If your screen really is white with black text, perhaps you could try the pixel search first to narrow down the location of the black text.  then take a smaller screenshot.

Just a guess though as I've never worked with pixelsearch.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@Swariwaza Have you tried running it? As it stands in the example given, you literally would just choose the file you want to do the OCR on, that's it... If you are trying to do something different with it, and running into issues, you need to explain in detail so people can help you.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

3 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@Swariwaza Have you tried running it? As it stands in the example given, you literally would just choose the file you want to do the OCR on, that's it... If you are trying to do something different with it, and running into issues, you need to explain in detail so people can help you.

when  i try to run the script, it gives me this error

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "C:\Users\swari\Desktop\Games\Nebula UO Msi Autoit Scriptler\Diğer Scriptler\Tesseract\Test Text Location4.au3"    
Area that will be scanned for OCR: 218,230,902,475
Looking for BirinciSayfaError, $aTSV is not an array
    Drawing a black line from 218,230 to ,
>Exit code: 0    Time: 14.82

I think this code is the basis of the script

$aTSV = _TesseractCaptureText("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]", "", "[CLASS:DirectUIHWND; INSTANCE:3]", 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1)   

and not to be found

please write a basic simple working code like this  

• Developers
10 minutes ago, Swariwaza said:

Games\Nebula UO Msi Autoit Scriptler

@Swariwaza();,
Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Unfortunately you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. (there is also a link in my signature) 
Please read them now particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked. :naughty:

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope. :)
Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried the code given and received this error. Any ideas? did it not find the opened explorer window?

"C:\Users\drreh\Desktop\autoit\tess_find_coord.au3" (738) : ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:
If $pos[2] < 1 or $pos[3] < 1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "No Width or Height found for specified item")
If $pos^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1    Time: 6.939

• Developers

The code is missing testing for success of the WInGetPos() function in this line:

$pos = WinGetPos($hwnd2)    

So whenever it fails you get this error,

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)