Finding Which Variable Was Used Without Being Declared

Hello. I have a script which, when compiled, tells me that a variable on line 4645 was used without being declared.

I have

AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1)

at the beginning of my script and have checked all the #include .au3 files individually using SyntaxCheck Prod. It can't find anything to yell at me about. The program works fine if I run it using "Go" in Scite. It is only when I compile it using Autoit2exe that there is a problem. Is there an easy way to find out what variable isn't being declared? My script starts with these includes if it matters:

#include <StructureConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GuiScrollBars.au3>
#include <SendMessage.au3>
#include <GUIToolTip.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

I don't know if I can just count the lines of each one of those .au3's until I wind up at 4645, or if compiling the script changes what line numbers I have. Any insight into how to find the variable would be greatly appreciated.

If it matters, I'm doing this on Autoit version 3.3.8.1 because everything newer makes the antivirus mad for some reason I can't determine.

Thanks in advance!

This is what I would do:

1. Use Au3Stripper (available in Scite4AutoIt)

2. Compile. It will generate a "yourfile_stripped.au3" file on the same folder, containing the stripped code that will be exactly what is being saved on the executable file.

3. Take the error line number and check on that stripped file, trying to guess, from the stripped code, what part of the original source code it represents.

Or:

1. Try to reproduce using AutoIt Debugger.

P.S.: Actually there is a much easier way, however according to forum rules, I cannot mention it :sweating:

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

In SciTe when there's an undeclared var, i simply double click the "error" line, in the console,  and it takes me to the line in question.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

That probably need to have the extra SciTe installer.

@careca  It isn't ?

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Kind of strange that in Scite it works fine, but not in a compiled exe.  I would suggest that you put some msgbox (0,"","test") here and there till you find the spot where the problem is.  Not very elegant, but it will get you there. Line # 4645 is your last line of the  script, btw !

13 hours ago, caramen said:

That probably need to have the extra SciTe installer.

@careca  It isn't ?

Well yes i use the full SciTe.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

2 hours ago, careca said:

Well yes i use the full SciTe.

He said it works well using Scite (without errors).  So whatever version he will use, it will still work.  He needs to debug from the .exe !

Try adding this line to the script and see if the error comes up

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe