Running Script With Admin Privelleges at Startup

AutoPM

Actually, there are ways to do it.  The topic of self-elevation has been discussed, by me and others, in this forum in the past.  The question is whether it can continue to be discussed.  A recent post asking a similar question was squashed by a moderator saying that it goes against the forum policy that relates to going around Windows security. :naughty:   So unless a moderator specifically says that is okay again, I guess it will remain a topic not to be discussed.  :D

Edited by TheXman

@TheXman Hello there :)

Can you explain abit more for me please ?

I can't figure out what is forbidden about elevating a script that is runned at startup ?

Or i undertand bad the OP ?

I agree that conturning security of anykind is forbidden but why give admin rights would be forbidden ?

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

15 minutes ago, caramen said:

Can you explain abit more for me please ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what it is that you would like for me to explain in more detail.  If you are asking me to explain how to self-elevate a script, as I said, I will not discuss it any further until I see that Moderators say that it is okay to discuss.  If you would like an example of a Moderator locking a topic related to self-elevation, then here's a relatively recent one:

It's not my policy.  If you have a question about why, then it would be best to ask a Moderator. :)

As I said, it has been discussed in the past without an issue.  Maybe the prior discussions just slipped through the cracks.  But for whatever reason, it doesn't appear that those types of discussions are permitted now.

Edited by TheXman

Not I know how to self elevate. I would like to know why I shouldn't learn it to someone ?

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

35 minutes ago, Nine said:

Is it related to some form of CreateProcessAsUser ? or CreateProcessWithLogon ?

The methods that I use do not have anything to do with those API's.

Here's a high-level response to a similar question that I gave a while back.  It doesn't go into too much detail.  Hopefully it does not get me into any trouble.  :D 

Edited by TheXman

@TheXman Well, just pointing an existing link should not, I guess :) 

This is remaining dark for me. 

Thanks for the cautioning. Xmate ;) 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

As ViciousXUSMC pointed out scheduled task as local system account would be the way to go, unless you can use group policy where you could use a startup script.  There are other products like SCCM, PDQDeploy that can also do the job, but they all use the system account and a separate account for accessing network resources.

nb:UAC prompt isn't applied to the local system account.