1. FrancescoDiMuro

FrancescoDiMuro

• Similar Content

• By 3Jake
      Hello Smart People!
      I have a multi-column .CSV that I would like to draw information from, in order to populate (send) that info to some fields in an Oracle form.  This would be for account-creation in Oracle.

I have the basic script to navigate (tab) through the fields in the Oracle form, but I am SUPER-new to AutoIT and don’t quite see how to get the script to import and use variables from a .CSV

For example:

My script just waits for the page to be active, then enters data and tabs between fields like this:

; Wait for the window to be active WinWaitActive("Oracle is Cool - E-Business is the Best") ; User Name Send("jsmith") Send("{TAB}") ; Password Send("Password1") Send("{TAB}") Send("Password1") Send("{TAB}") ; Description Send("John Smith") Send("{TAB}") (etc. etc. etc.…)

The winning solution would take one row at a time, feed it into fields on the Oracle form, save, and then start in on the next row

It looks like I’d need a combination of “FileReadToArray” ( or“FileReadLine”?) and “StringSplit” to loop through the values and set them to variables, which would then replace my current "hard-coded" values to be typed them into the form?

I found the following example in the “Help” snippets for stringsplit()… this seems like it’s in the ballpark but I’m having some trouble wrapping this around what I’ve put together, since each entry in the array would have multiple elements per line instead of just “Day”:

Func Example() Local $aDays = StringSplit("Mon,Tues,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun", ",") ;Split the string of days using the delimiter "," and the default flag value. #cs The array returned will contain the following values: $aDays[1] = "Mon" $aDays[2] = "Tues" $aDays[3] = "Wed" ... $aDays[7] = "Sun" #ce For $i = 1 To $aDays[0] ; Loop through the array returned by StringSplit to display the individual values. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "$aDays[" & $i & "] - " & $aDays[$i]) Next EndFunc ;==>Example

This post also seems like a similar example, but I don’t need it to be so selective RE: one specific column:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/166261-how-to-read-csv-specific-row-and-columns

Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks for taking a minute to look!  
    • By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I would like to be able to write a script to send commands to the console for creation of Gstreamer pipelines.  I was thinking of something similar to this:
      Local $iPID = Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;THIS OPENS THE CONSOLE...!!! if $iPID == 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I DID NOT OPEN CMD...error: " & @error & @CRLF) if $iPID <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I OPENED CMD...!!!" & @CRLF) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") if $hCmd <> 0 Then WinActivate($hCmd) ;ensure command console is active... $sOutput = Send("cd C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) $sOutput = Send("gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) Sleep(3000) ControlSend($hCmd, "", "", "exit" & @CR) EndIf ;$hCmd NOT "0"... I don't really know if this is the best way to open the console and send commands into it.  I'm also not sure about how to best catch any errors that may occur...likely this needs to be accomplished with the STDOUTREAD command however I've not had experience using it before and therefore would appreciate some advice that anybody may offer. 
      Basically I'm seeking guidance on how to best automate the opening of the console, sending lines of commands to be executed, and handling any potential errors in the execution of those commands...I thank you in advance.  Regards.
    • By MrCheese
      hi all,
      reviewing the forum, this thread is applicable: 

I wanted to know if there is now a better way to do this?
      In essence, I load a tab delimited txt file into an array (works well). I used tab, as some fields in the original csv contains commas.
      However, I needed autoit to manipulate this array, and output it as a csv.
      IF my array contains items with a comma, without double quotes around the field, then how best do I get a csv out of this?
      My current workaround is to filewritefromarray tab delimited, then open it in excel and save as a csv. I will need to check this to see how the address fields behave that contain a comma.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• By SOF-TECH
      Dear all,
      Can someone show  me how to en hance the below function to write in CSV  into column  and rows the input values ? 
      I am getting this result: 

I would like the result to be as this 

From A1:C1 is for headers
      From A2:C2 is for input Data
      Global Const $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3 $sDataFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Records.csv" #region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Demo1: New Record", 580, 115) $Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 30, 270, 21) $Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 300, 30, 270, 21) $Input3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 80, 270, 21) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Name:", 10, 10, 35, 17) $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ID:", 300, 10, 18, 17) $Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Phone No:", 10, 60, 55, 17) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Save to CSV", 450, 70, 120, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #endregion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 _ExportData() MsgBox(64, @ScriptName, "Record Saved.") EndSwitch WEnd Func _ExportData() If Not FileExists($sDataFilePath) Then FileWriteLine($sDataFilePath, "Name;ID;Phone No.;") EndIf For $i = $Input1 To $Input3 FileWrite($sDataFilePath, GUICtrlRead($i) & ";") Next FileWriteLine($sDataFilePath, "") EndFunc ;==>_ExportData May be Excel UDF has be to be added but I can manage that my self  
      Thank you in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      With this script you can print Unicode text in the CMD screen
      the script is  easy to use
      just you  write the text that contains Unicode in the first input
      and the script automatically reflect the code in the second input
       you can copy the text to the clipboard
      or you can try printing the text in the CMD window
      I apologize to everyone for colors and shape if not appropriate
      I'm a blind man and I do not see
      Thank you for your understanding