problem when launching compiled script from startup.

so my problem look like that:

i wrote autorestart program for some aplication and it works cool ... it restart dedicatedapp after setted by user time etc ... it works great when it is run from directory or from shortscut. But when i add it into startup and after pc starts and run my compiled script problem look like that:

script run and kills dedicated application after some miliseconds ... i dunno why. All is setted ok on @scriptdir etc. Some1 had probs like that too ?

I used to have this problem in version 1.7 of Wood's Gadgets.

then i created an script that would load the actual app:

Run("main.exe", @ScriptDir)
Exit

Short, simple, but useful

Put this in the same directory as your script (here called "main.exe") then call this during startup.

btw, i loaded the app from the startup registry and not the startup folder

Edited by nfwu

• Moderators

Out of common courtesy we generally post our solutions, so that others that do a search on the forum, and stumble across this thread, though they may be happy to see that you found your solution, it doesn't help them in their current venture.

I had revised your code a bit, I believe it was a simple syntax error on line 28, but made a bit more failsafe just in case.

If this wasn't the issue (a syntax error), would be nice to see what it was :P.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.