hoangtaybaokiem1993

Can I increase file upload space on forum?

hoangtaybaokiem1993

I've run upon the limit (7Mb?) on the total size of files I've attached to my posts on this forum.

Is there a way to increase the available file space for my account?  If not, what is the "best practice" for reducing what I've uploaded.  I'll mention that I always try to include meaningful examples in the spirit of a picture is worth 1000 words.  I feel that just deleting examples will diminish the usefulness of the content.

Jos

5 hours ago, hoangtaybaokiem1993 said:

I've run upon the limit (7Mb?) on the total size of files I've attached to my posts on this forum.

How come since this is your first post in these forums?

Jos

• Haha 2

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

qwert

Hmmm. That is odd. But I must say, I face this same issue after several years on the forum.

There's a wealth of information in all the posted examples—covering much hard fought development ground. It pains me to delete perfectly good examples to make room for something new.

Could the forum maybe go to 10Mb? Or possibly use an allocation based on years of participation?

Thanks for listening.

JLogan3o13

Space is determined by the site owner, who pays for it. Perhaps if you donate a large sum he'll be convinced to give you more :)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Jos

It does look like some attachments still  exists in the My Attachments list while the post/PM doesn't exists anymore, which does eat up space.

Hope @Jon can check whether a fix exists for this.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

arnoldfields

Hi! I'm new here. Can you please explain how the forum space works?

Jos
2 minutes ago, arnoldfields said:

Hi! I'm new here. Can you please explain how the forum space works?

What exactly are you interested in when it comes to forum space as this is somewhat of an odd first post?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

arnoldfields
30 minutes ago, Jos said:

What exactly are you interested in when it comes to forum space as this is somewhat of an odd first post?

Jos

Yes, I guess it confused me a bit.

JLogan3o13

What exactly confuses you? When you create an account, you are allotted a certain amount of space to upload files such as a screenshot in a post. When you use all of that space, you cannot upload anything else until you clear some old items out.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

arnoldfields
On 2/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

What exactly confuses you? When you create an account, you are allotted a certain amount of space to upload files such as a screenshot in a post. When you use all of that space, you cannot upload anything else until you clear some old items out.

Thanks for clarifying this to me. Now I understand.