Download Updated 7/16/06 v0.93

Download Updated 7/9/06 v0.92

Download Updated 7/4/06 v0.91

Download Updated 6/24/06 v0.9

Download Updated 3/8/06 v0.8

Download Updated 2/4

Download Updated 1/11

*Updated 6/17/07

-fixed problem where network credentials werent saved, so after a reboot programs wouldn't load (cause they could not authenticate)

-added windows installer into run menu

-started using "HKEY CURRENT USER" instead of searching for the registry location "HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21......" ... its the same thing so theres no need to search for it

-modified change computer name script so the NetBIOS name is limited to 15 characters (if its more than 25 it causes windows to not boot)

-various bug fixes

*Updated 7-16-06

-Added Add Prepsys to startup section

-interface changes

-bug fixes

*Updated 7-9-06

-Added Join Domain Section *note* changing the machine name in the join domain tab changes the computers name

-Fix restart bug that would launch the system32 directory instead of Prepsys

*Updated-7-4-06

-updated GUI

-Updated Copy Profile Script

-Removed Office Serial section

-Updated Desktop Image Script

-Added Support for Domain Users from Default Admin and Copy Profile Users

*Updated-6-24-06

-Added support for switches

-Added Support for multiple configurations

-Added Extra Programs Install section

-Added deepfreeze install option

-Updated and simplified various parts of code

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prepsys is a program to install programs, set visual settings, copy user profile, and prepare the computer for sysprep

This is a script i've been working on in my spare time. I need to make images at work and install these programs(mcafee, datatel, deepfreeze, sophos,office) alot...so i made this script. I am trying to work any bugs it may have out...it should be done now

If you find anything wrong please let me know.

This download is just my code. it does not include the install programs files for mcafee, office, datatel, or sophos (it does include the script to install though).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

just some quick tips....

A orange icon next to a install box means that it is already on the system

If the bottom "delete settings.ini" is not checked the next time you load prepsys it will show which actions where performed with a green icon next to the install checkbox

The Copy profile account is created by the script. it is not a premade account

If "Machine Name" is changed in the join domain tab, the computer will be renamed before the computer is joined to the domain

settings.ini is located on drive C:\ . if it is not there it is copied from the prepsys dir. you can change the default file by replaceing it with the one on the c:\ drive that you create

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

Http://www.Vistumbler.net

Http://www.TechIdiots.net

Its not an error, its a undocumented feature

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this looks very nice. This would have come in quite handy to be modified back when I worked moreso with computer hardware.

Thanks for the contribution to the community.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I am still trying to make it more registry based..instead of automating gui actions....this was my first project the wasn't just automating programs. i will realease the new versions as i make them

Thanks for showing intrest...its good to hear

Andrew Calcutt

I'm not too sure what Sysprep is, but the program itself from the screenshots looks very professional ! Keep it up.

Sysprep is a microsoft tool that is used as a final step before imaging a computer, so the drive can be copied to a image and then sent to a large group of computers

--

That is not the sole use of the program, but was why I origionally created it

--

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

I will definitely keep this topic in mind in the future. This code can go to many more uses. This could even be used (it seems) after the operating system has been fully installed from a CD to 'customize' the computer based on one's preferences.

I would be more interested in something of that nature.

It looks excellent and very professional.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Updated...fixed a few things(like manually needing to edit the settings.ini)..and included source that i forgot to put in before

enjoy

And yes...the program can be used to configue the computer...the sysprep stage is optional

you can even make the default settings and run Prepsys/_no_gui.exe ...this bypasses the gui

Prepsys.exe only sets the ini file, Prepsys/_no_gui.exe is what actually set the settings

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

i will release an update as soon as i get out of work

i fixed some things with the install autoruns (mostly incorrect paths from when i changed folders of scripts)

and i am working on fixing the network authentication because it does not work in the old version(and it doesn't work in the current version either)

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19834

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

Updated.

fixed running programs from network

fixed progress bar

fixed delete settings.ini when syspreping

fixed small problems

PrepSys is done as far as i know...unless more bugs turn up... if something doesn't work please let me know

if you see any of the folder options or visual settings not work, please let me know so i can try to fix them

*edit*

dont forget to delete the old settings.ini if it exists, it could cause problems with this new version

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

i had never seen USMT (had to google it), but it doesn't look like it would be hard to adapt into my script...its basically just commandline...that should be easy to automate

I think you misunderstood me. I wanted to know if anyone attempted to create GUI for updating USMTs inf files, just like i believe you did for SysPrep.inf

There are number of them:

ArchiveApp.inf

custom.inf

migapp.inf

migism.inf

migsys.inf

miguser.inf

sysfiles.inf

usmtdef.inf

Microsoft promised to have a web GUI for it in Vista, but until then we are SOL. :P

Hey, first of all i like your program. Looks nice and i will prolly try to use some of your ideas in mine.

2nd of all i wanted to give you hint there is much easier way to automaticly install VPN Client then doing it the GUI way. All you have to do is to create oem.ini file in the directory you have vpn instalation with this:

; 
; VPN Client 4.7
; Reboot is required for proper function of VPN
;

[Brand]
CompanyText = <your company>
ProductText = <your company> VPN Client

[Default]
SilentMode = 1
InstallPath = C:\Program Files\<your company>\VPN Client
DefGroup = <your company> VPN Client
Reboot = 2

Just put that file in your dir, add .pcf (profile) file (if you want it to spread with instalation) and just run it by setup.exe. Everythign will be done automagically. No windows, no reboot no nothing will happen (but remember you will have to reboot computer before you can play with it). Ah and remember that during instaltion of VPN lan connection gets disconnected so don't execute anything over network while it is being installed.

$location = "\\server\Install"
$Vpn = $location &"\Main\Cisco_VPN\setup.exe"
RunWait($Vpn, "")

and woila works great :lmao: Basically i should be able to help in most automatic instalations.

Okey back to checking your code, maybe i will find some additional things i could help you with, and maybe you could help me with mine since i am stuck with some code.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Same thing can be done with microsoft office 2003 (but it's a bit more complicated) - you have to create administrative instalation first, then you can apply patches too and then you can make it unnatended with exactly options you like it too :lmao: I'm sure those other programs you automated thru gui can be done simplier, command line way so it would just need some switches.

For McAfee you can try...

ECHO Installing McAfee Virus Scan 6.0...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\VSC\vscan60.msi /QN
ECHO Installing McAfee Firewall 3.0...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\VSC\MFW\mcfire.msi /QN

For version 7.0 entrerprise or so you can use

setup.exe /qb REBOOT=Suppress