WM_COMMAND and ColorPicker UDF Conflict

Hello!

I've been using Yashied's wonderful ColorPicker UDF for a portion of my program.

It says right in it that:

"The library registers (permanently) the following window messages: WM_ACTIVATE, WM_COMMAND, WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WM_SETCURSOR."

My trouble is that a different portion of my program (Search Function) was already using WM_COMMAND, so when I stick the two portions together, I can either make the ColorPicker work, or I can make the search function work.

This is the portion of my code that doesn't get along with the ColorPicker:

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) ;search function primer
   #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg
   Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode
   $hWndFrom = $lParam
   $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF)
   $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
   Switch $iIDFrom
   Case $Search_Field
      Switch $iCode
         Case $EN_CHANGE 
            If GUICtrlRead($Search_Field) <> "" Then
               ConsoleWrite("Search Item 1: " & GUICtrlRead($Search_Field) & @CRLF)
               Search_Function()
            EndIf
      EndSwitch
   EndSwitch
   Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

If I leave it in, I can't pick colors. If I take it out, I can't search.

Does anyone have any idea how to make them get along?

Does that UDF do anything more than the included UDF _ChooseColor?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH

Instead of creating a whole dialogue box like _ChooseColor does, the ColorPicker creates a nice little ToolTip-esque 2D matrix of color samples that a user can click.

@faustf

My script is over 4000 lines long. Let me see what I can cut to make a smaller example.

@faustf

Here's a sample:

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#Include <ColorPicker.au3>

#Region Color Palette
Dim $aPalette[64] = _
   [0xFFFFFF, 0xFFDDDD, 0xFDF0DF, 0xFFFFDD, 0xDDFFDD, 0xDDFFFF, 0xDDDDFF, 0xFFDDFF, _
    0xEEEEEE, 0xFFCCCC, 0xFCE6BF, 0xFFFFCC, 0xCCFFCC, 0xCCFFFF, 0xCCCCFF, 0xFFCCFF, _
    0xDDDDDD, 0xFFBBBB, 0xFBDA9F, 0xFFFFBB, 0xBBFFBB, 0xBBFFFF, 0xBBBBFF, 0xFFBBFF, _
    0xCCCCCC, 0xFFAAAA, 0xFACE7F, 0xFFFFAA, 0xAAFFAA, 0xAAFFFF, 0xAAAAFF, 0xFFAAFF, _
    0xBBBBBB, 0xFF9999, 0xF9C15F, 0xFFFF99, 0x99FF99, 0x99FFFF, 0x9999FF, 0xFF99FF, _
    0xAAAAAA, 0xFF7777, 0xF8B53F, 0xFFFF77, 0x77FF77, 0x77FFFF, 0x7777FF, 0xFF77FF, _
    0x999999, 0xFF4444, 0xF7A91F, 0xFFFF44, 0x44FF44, 0x44FFFF, 0x4444FF, 0xFF44FF, _
    0x888888, 0xFF0000, 0xF69D00, 0xFFFF00, 0x00FF00, 0x00FFFF, 0x0000FF, 0xFF00FF]
#EndRegion

#Region GUI
Global $GUI_Main = GUICreate("Test", 180, 40)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Search:", 5,2,50,20)
Global $Search_Field = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 50,0,130,20)
Global $Color_Button = _GUIColorPicker_Create('ColorPicker Button', 0, 20, 100, 20, 0xFFFFFF, BitOR($CP_FLAG_TIP, $CP_FLAG_MAGNIFICATION), $aPalette, 8, 8)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Exit_GUI")
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Color_Button, "GUI_Color_Function")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $GUI_Main)
#EndRegion

While 1
   Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
   #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg
   Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode
   $hWndFrom = $lParam
   $iIDFrom = BitAND($wParam, 0xFFFF)
   $iCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
   Switch $iIDFrom
   Case $Search_Field
      Switch $iCode
         Case $EN_CHANGE
            If GUICtrlRead($Search_Field) <> "" Then
               ConsoleWrite("Search Item 1: " & GUICtrlRead($Search_Field) & @CRLF)
               Search_Function()
            EndIf
      EndSwitch
   EndSwitch
   Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

Func GUI_Color_Function()
   GUICtrlSetBkColor($Search_Field, _GUIColorPicker_GetColor($Color_Button))
EndFunc

Func Search_Function()
   MsgBox($MB_OK, "This will be a search function.", "You started typing in the search field." & @CRLF & "The search function is not here included.")
EndFunc

Func Exit_GUI()
   Exit
EndFunc

You'll notice that the search function works but the color bit doesn't. If you comment out the WM_COMMAND part, the color bit works but the search function does not.

You should read through the thread you got the color UDF from, page 2 has a post in it that explains how to get around this, ask in that thread how to implement it if you can't figure it out.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator