AutoIt Obfuscator? - (Moved)

Xerori

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

Please make sure you post in the correct forum!
The forum header clearly states: " Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums."

Did you use the search function of AutoIt the forum? It has been discussed multiple times what the tool does and why it isn't part of the distribution any longer ;)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Developers
1 hour ago, Xerori said:

Is it any good? I've tried some scripts and it makes a mess out of it, but they work like my original code.

How does it work? I'm looking something to protect my source code from decompilation.

Obfuscation has nothing to do with decompiling,  and the latter is not to be discussed on this forum.
my 2 cents as having written the original Obfuscator quite some time ago: All obfuscated code can be translated back! The only thing that will be lost are the Variable and Func names.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

In my opnion depending on the size of the project when you just change the names of vars and funcs you almost make the code unreadeble. I tried to do it with some obfuscators but i always get some erros on functions (of course) like "hotkeyset", "onautoitexit", "execute" and etc...

• Developers
46 minutes ago, x_bennY said:

In my opnion depending on the size of the project when you just change the names of vars and funcs you almost make the code unreadeble. I tried to do it with some obfuscators but i always get some erros on functions (of course) like "hotkeyset", "onautoitexit", "execute" and etc...

Also with au3stripper? 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

So what exactly does it show when yoy run au3stripper, as I am pretty sure it ill tell you exactly which lines/functions it has issues with?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I also had problems with au3stripper. I had to lower the version to 16.612.1119.0 that created in 6/12/2016 to be able to compile my project with random vars and functions names.

You broke au3stripper since this date / version

• Developers
11 minutes ago, gil900 said:

You broke au3stripper since this date / version

Thank s for the compliment...

Now either try being serious with me and post a script showing the issue or simply shut up as this does contribute to my motivation to continue any of these freely provide tools I have created and maintain.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry, I was not wanted to sound like that.

I gave 100$ contribution. A thing I should done long before.

I suggest that everyone will give some contribution to Autoit maintains and this is the right thing to do especially if you get benefit from Autoit and you just pissed off Jos.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

EDIT:

Back to the topic:

The bug was that when I compile the project, I get 2 red errors in the console that austripper got fatal errors and stated that the script was not stripped.
I am not in front of the project but when I will back to work on it, I will reproduce the bug and send you what exactly was the error messages

Edited by Guest

• Developers

My guess is that your issue is simple: Since that version of AutoIt3rapper, not au3stripper, the original source is used instead of the stripped source when au3stripper retuns an  errorcode by default. This because a lot of folks do no bother to read these warnings and complain about things not working.
There is an directive available since the last version which you can use to still use the stripped source as can be read in the helpfile:

; Au3Stripper Settings
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=                 ;(Y/N) Run Au3Stripper before compilation. default=N
#Au3Stripper_Parameters=                         ; Au3Stripper parameters...see SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile for options
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3stripper_OnError=             ;(C/S/ForceUse) Continue/Stop on Errors/Continue using stripped source in Exe (Default=C)

...but again...this is a guess as long as not reproducer or exact information is produced.

1 hour ago, gil900 said:

Sorry, I was not wanted to sound like that.

I gave 100$ contribution. A thing I should done long before.

As stated in the PM: I don't care about money and this money goes (rightly so) to Jon as he is paying for all the hosting and AutoIt3 is baby.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.