Interacting with SysTreeView32

mpope

After doing some searching thru the forums here, it appears as though there's not much we can do with SysTreeView32 controls 'cept send keystrokes. I would like to be able to interact with objects within the control, for example:

In Windows XP Pro, in Customize Classic Start Menu in the Taskbar and Start menu Properties, there is a SysTreeView32 control "Advanced Start Menu Options:" . There are options such as Display Administrative Tools, Display favorites, Display run etc, etc, etc.... I'd like to be able to read these objects so I'm sure that I'm selecting the correct options.

I see that Autoit Version 3.1.1 has added ControlListView but no SysTreeView control, is this correct?

Any Advice?

After doing some searching thru the forums here, it appears as though there's not much we can do with SysTreeView32 controls 'cept send keystrokes. I would like to be able to interact with objects within the control, for example:

In Windows XP Pro, in Customize Classic Start Menu in the Taskbar and Start menu Properties, there is a SysTreeView32 control "Advanced Start Menu Options:" . There are options such as Display Administrative Tools, Display favorites, Display run etc, etc, etc.... I'd like to be able to read these objects so I'm sure that I'm selecting the correct options.

I see that Autoit Version 3.1.1 has added ControlListView but no SysTreeView control, is this correct?

Any Advice?

are you talking about treeview controls? there are functions in the beta; in the beta helpfile just search for

_GUICtrlTreeView and you'll see them

are you talking about treeview controls? there are functions in the beta; in the beta helpfile just search for

_GUICtrlTreeView and you'll see them

Don't those functions only work on SysTreeView controls created by GUICtrlCreateTreeView()? Or can those functions work on SysTreeView32 controls created by other applications? I've always assumed the former.
My Projects:DebugIt - Debug your AutoIt scripts with DebugIt!

• 3 months later...

Don't those functions only work on SysTreeView controls created by GUICtrlCreateTreeView()? Or can those functions work on SysTreeView32 controls created by other applications? I've always assumed the former.

They seem to work just for autoit created treeviews. I've tried it for custom controls with no exit (even though combos and listview work great in both cases).