Run AutoIt v3 Script automatically everyday without Windows needing to reboot

Hi all,

I've currently got a script which runs every morning but I manually need to start the script.

This sits on a server, the server only gets rebooted once every 2 weeks.

My question is how would I automatically run the script every day since I can't run it on startup as the server stays on 24/7 ?

-------

When running the script it goes and finds an .exe file opens it and enters in a username and password.

The image attached is of the AutoIt v3 Script which I need to get automated.script.png.200f178a941f2355b2bbaa69fd2353e2.png

you could have script running also 24/7 and only do the task after x ammount of time.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

well, a simple way would be to do like @careca said.

put the entire script inside a While...WEnd and tell it to Do NowTime until $specificTime

i always put a sleep in with my Do just to make sure it doesnt bog down the cpu

just be aware that if you make your sleep longer than whatever time measuring unit you choose, it wont match every day

e.g. if you tell it to check for an exact time (1:47) then your sleep cant be longer than a minute or you miss the chance of the time matching because it could skip over your desired time before checking, so if you want longer sleeps, then you would check current time and see if, say, just the hour matches. etc.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

2 hours ago, LukeLe said:

@alienclone IMO, whenever you finished the daily task, just calculate how much time the script has to wait until the next run, and sleep for the whole of that calculated time :D

thats a good idea, as long as they dont need the script to run at a precise time. reading the function description for Sleep() just now, which ive never read before, makes it sound as if it cannot be counted on for accuracy. but my god, i would have never imagined you could run a sleep for UP TO 24 DAYS, that just sounds like craziness to me.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

@alienclone  The accuracy as mentioned in the doc as maybe slightly longer. So how precisely do you want to achieve?

Note that other running processes often affect the timing accuracy and so pauses are likely to last for slightly longer than requested.

Edited by LukeLe

I was under the impression that something like timer_init and timer_diff were very accurate, so maybe they can be put to use.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe