Board hangs when trying to post anything with...

• Moderators

What the heck..... :P It won't even let me quote one of your posts. I click preview or post and it just sits of spins.

Are any of you using FireFox?

Well it's not FireFox cause I just tried with IE. I guess maybe it is our FireWall or iSensor?

Edited by big_daddy

What the heck..... :P It won't even let me quote one of your posts. I click preview or post and it just sits of spins.

i actually just access the forums from the help file to avoid having a real browser window up. less obvious at work and all that. have you tried to access the forum with any other browser? or the helpfile?

Well it's not FireFox cause I just tried with IE. I guess maybe it is our FireWall or iSensor?

Installed Firefox just for you...

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

inside a sentence cmd.exe...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Installed Firefox just for you...

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

cmd.exe

inside a sentence cmd.exe...

i think now we're just trying to find the line between helpfully re-creating an issue and mockery... oh yeah, just to stay on topic cmd.exe (typed that with my left hand) cmd.exe (and that one with my right)

i think now we're just trying to find the line between helpfully re-creating an issue and mockery... oh yeah, just to stay on topic cmd.exe (typed that with my left hand) cmd.exe (and that one with my right)

actually - I really did install Firefox 1.5 just to test this.

Then I typed it the ways that I had within IE. The OP did not state if cmd.exe was in bold or not in his failed post and did not state if it was at the start of sentence or not. But OP had it in bold in his post that went thru - so I tried that.

(I should have put "really did" in that post, but I never intended to post that test because the OP had already ruled out Firefox as the problem by the time my install was complete. I just hit post preview and it never came back. [nothing, not even "server not found", just "froze"] I do not know how the post went thru.)

Now I'm back to IE and this is my 3rd try to post this reply - I get a long pause and then - cannot find server... all while reading other forum pages.

...do what you want with that info...

Edit: a "quick edit" to correct some quoted text made two posts - let's see what this edit does

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]