OCR scripts - help pls

I've been experimenting with some of the OCR scripts and I'm not getting very good results =\

The game I'm using this with has slightly transparent text on a fully transparent background, this is why I'm trying to use OCR in the first place.. because I can't just do a pixel checksum (due to the transparency)..

The thing is, I'm only try to detect if a certain pre-defined text in a static font exists at certain locations..

I am not trying to find WHAT a certain location on screen says.

For example, there's a list of players nearby, I would like to be able to scan that list for the word "HOSTILE", which always appears in the same locations, in the same font.. and I would say the same color but as I said before it's not the EXACT same color due to slight transparency...

How would I go about using or writing an OCR script for this?

I dunno if I explained myself very good =\ If not, sorry.

• Moderators

Using AutoIt you are only going to be able to use PixelCheckSum() using the native language. So if that is out, then that avenue is a bust for you unfortunately.

You could try using a tool called Kleptomania: http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/index.shtml

And doing some control clicks etc with it. This is by far the greatest OCR tool I've seen, it's just a shame that 1. The Textract SDK 2.9 exe/Dll's cost so much, and 2. The pain in the rear to actually get Kleptomania (the cheap version) to do exactly what you want.

If someone could do something like this for AutoIt, they'd have praises forever I'm sure.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I gave it a try, unfortunately it seems unable to lock onto anything in the game =\

Maybe if I post a screenshot my situation will become more clear:

EVE Online Screenshot

Notice the overview listing on the far right-hand side..

I'd like to be able to match specific entries in that list (For example, "Trader")..

But unfortunately, unlike the rest of the UI, I cannot make that window 100% opaque in order to do checksums properly =(

So I think OCR is my only option, but I'm not real sure how to set something like that up..

• Moderators

if you spent less than 15 minutes trying that out, you didn't really test everything... you have to set the settings to graphics.

EDIT:

By the way, the thing you were trying to use from that site is an OCR, if it can't read the 'graphic' text then there's probably nothing out there that can.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.