Notify when specified user password has been changed

RestrictedUser

Hello guys! ❤️

I had searched many times about this topic's title, but i didn't found any useful information to do this work

I want to get Notification or MsgBox to notify me that specified user account password has been changed and always check that password has been changed or not

How can i do this? 

Edited by Colduction
Incorrect word

• Moderators

Define user account password; do you mean a local account on a computer or an account in A.D.?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If you are talking about an AD account you could check property "pwdLastSet" by using my AD UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, AdamUL said:

Thanks Adam, you've found my way! ❤️

How to call and read Windows Security Event Log with specified event id=4724 by using _EventLog_Read and if user changed password recorded on Windows Security Event Log then notify me? 

It's very big problem for me, if you solve my question, you will give big help to me😭

Edited by Colduction

• Moderators

@Colduction this forum is dedicated to helping people with their own scripts; it is not a place where you put in an order and someone barfs up the code for you so you don't have to put in any effort. If you do a search on this forum you will find many posts about working with the Event Viewer Logs. How about trying something on your own, and then posting only if you encounter a problem?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

16 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

you will find many

Yeah, i know, but i didn't understand about _EventLog_Read function in help file and other issues in forum

16 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

it is not a place where you put in an order and someone barfs up the code for you so you don't have to put in any effort.

I know too, but i'm newbie and i've started AutoIt a month ago, it's hard for me to understand somethings in help file

8 hours ago, Colduction said:

it's hard for me to understand somethings in help file

The best way to learn something like this is to experiment, unless you're writing to the registry or something equally potentially dangerous, most things won't break the computer. The second best way to learn it is to change things in the script and see what those changes do. If it doesn't work, AutoIt is usually pretty good at telling you why it's not working or wrong. Learning programming is like playing with Lego blocks, each new piece added to your knowledge base is like a block used to make something great.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

9 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

The best way to learn something like this is to experiment, unless you're writing to the registry or something equally potentially dangerous, most things won't break the computer. The second best way to learn it is to change things in the script and see what those changes do. If it doesn't work, AutoIt is usually pretty good at telling you why it's not working or wrong. Learning programming is like playing with Lego blocks, each new piece added to your knowledge base is like a block used to make something great.

Yeah i know

But the main problem is Training Source for Studying AutoIt Programming and there is not good source for learn and study

Edited by Colduction

• Moderators
On 3/23/2019 at 6:39 PM, Colduction said:

and there is not good source for learn and study

Really??? You are a member of one of the most active scripting/programming forums on the internet. Most questions are answered within minutes, and we have a cadre of MVPs and developers that are active on a daily basis, including the site owner and inventor of the language. AutoIt boasts a help file that is a living document, constantly updated and improved by this very community to provide the most relevant information for each and every function included in the language.

All that is required of  you in order to get responses from those who know the language (literally) inside and out it to ask intelligent questions, show some willingness to put forth effort rather than expecting to be spoon-fed, and follow the forum rules to protect the language's reputation. What more could you possibly ask for?

1 hour ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Really??? You are a member of one of the most active scripting/programming forums on the internet. Most questions are answered within minutes, and we have a cadre of MVPs and developers that are active on a daily basis, including the site owner and inventor of the language. AutoIt boasts a help file that is a living document, constantly updated and improved by this very community to provide the most relevant information for each and every function included in the language.

All that is required of  you in order to get responses from those who know the language (literally) inside and out it to ask intelligent questions, show some willingness to put forth effort rather than expecting to be spoon-fed, and follow the forum rules to protect the language's reputation. What more could you possibly ask for?

I know you, but froum is the place that we must send hard issues to solve with together

But there is not a site to sell AutoIt Training Course and we buy it

My words means this, not other means that you think

• Moderators

I understood your words just fine. My point was that this forum is your best place for training. AutoIt is a growing and evolving language; anything written in a book will be outdated by the time it is published.

9 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I understood your words just fine. My point was that this forum is your best place for training. AutoIt is a growing and evolving language; anything written in a book will be outdated by the time it is published.

Hmmm, i know

But we are noob, if we create a topic with crazy questions in forum, time of both me and you will not be saved 

But new and good training course will help you to prevent easy questions

Edited by Colduction

• Moderators

First off, please stop quoting me in every reply; I know what I said, I was there when I said it.

Secondly, if you think a training course is preferable to posting a question and getting an answer in a couple minutes, you are welcome to your opinion. You received your answer already; there are no official current books or training courses.

The best training is to actually read the help file and the thousands of example scripts inside of it, and look at what each function is doing and how to change them to your needs. Reading from a book is great if you're in a classroom and there will be a test later, but that's not how to learn anything.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator