zPlayer - My own little audio/video player

CYCho

Go to solution Solved by TheXman,

Hello @@CYCho,

Thank you for this example program.  I've made a few audio scripts and wanted to see another example.  When I run your script, I am asked to locate a folder with music.  I navigate to My Music folder select a folder that contains MP3s and receive a script crash.

"E:\Programming\AutoIt\AutoIt_Forum\zPlayer\zPlayer\zPlayer.au3" (554) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
If WinExists($winListView) Then
If WinExists(^ ERROR

Edited by Xandy

Your code appears good.  I learned about FileInstal() because of how you use it to copy images.

I was curious if holding CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT would get the keys stuck, if used with Send("Volume UP").  The solution for that is SendEx(), which will force the modifiers keys to first be released.

But I didn't execute your script to a point where I could check this.

Edited by Xandy

Thank you, script is working for me now.  Modifier keys are not becoming stuck.  Maybe this doesn't happen with HotKeySet(..) or Send("Volume Up/Down").  Either way nm.

The reason I stopped using the script (for now) is it was eating my CTRL+ARROWS.  I like to use these shortcuts to navigate words in a text.  There are several solutions to this problem, I could remap the hotkeys.  I could change the Song Next keys to respond to _IsPressed("11") And _IsPressed("25") and then your script would not eat the keys, yet still respond to them.  The song would change and my cursor would jump between words.  Not sure what I want to do yet.

Edited by Xandy

If it hasn't been a problem for you.  It most likely not an issue and there is nothing to worry about.  If a key ever gets stuck wrap your Send() calls with a SendEx() call, just copy SendEx() from the Internet and use SendEx($string) instead of Send($string).  I wouldn't bother though, not if, keys aren't getting stuck.  I'm almost sorry I said anything.  There's no need to fix it if it isn't broken.

According as @Bilgus suggested, "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7" was added at the top of the code and all ensuing errors were corrected. Most of the errors were related with lack of keyword "Local" before assigning value to a local variable, and it seemed to be purely a matter of good coding practice. I'm glad I learned this though.

Edited by CYCho

Some features were added.
1. Now you can click the slider in the graphical player to jump move the play-back position in a file.
2. The player now supports a manually made playlist with actual music files in other folders. This feature can be used for creating a playlist for a special occasion. For example, some carols can be included in the playlist and put in "Carols" folder: actual music files may reside anywhere in the computer.
3. A small help message box was added and can be triggered by Ctrl+Alt+h.

Edited by CYCho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I made several big and small updates during the past one year period and uploaded the latest version in Downloads section. As I started this project as a learning process, I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions for improvement. Thank you.

Edited by CYCho