zPlayer - My own little audio/video player

CYCho

Go to solution Solved by TheXman,

As @Jon is often around these days, maybe it would be a good thing if he could read these last posts because those 2 strange features didn't exist in 3.3.14.5

Also I tried (very temporarily) to replace IE.au3 from 3.3.16.0 with IE.au3 from 3.3.14.5, hoping it may bring some clues but it didn't. The 2 strange phenomenons you described in your last posts were still happening (in 3.3.16.0) no matter the version of IE.au3 was installed.

Version 3.0.2.5 was released today.

1. Fixed code broken by newly released AutoIt stable version v3.3.16.0. An error occured at line #428 (While $oPlayer.playState <> $iPlaying) which meant that the WMP object was not duly created. It was solved by replacing _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "refresh") with _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "scrollintoview") in MyWMPlayer() function. Thanks go to @pixelsearch for his help in finding the cause.
2. Redundant re-creation of shell.application object in MyFileProperties() function was eliminated.

Edited by CYCho

23 hours ago, CYCho said:

It was solved by replacing _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "refresh") with _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "scrollintoview") in MyWMPlayer() function

It was found that _IEAction ($myIE_Obj, "refresh") was not necessary to start with.

Version 3.0.2.6 was released today, with this line deleted.

Version 4.0.0.1 was released today. I implemented resizing of video in a Windows Media Player ActiveX control. This was made possible by using SetObjectRects method as demonstrated by @MattyD in his recent post. Previously WMP was embedded in an Internet Explorer HTML document and I was worried of IE being not supported by Windows.

Edited by CYCho

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.0.0.2 was released today.

When a video was paused while being played in maximized (not full screen) window, the image would shrink to a certain size smaller than the GUI for an unknown reason. _ResizeWMP() was added at the end of MyPause() function as an ad hoc measure. This brings the image back to normal size, but there is a short flicker while resizing the image. This problem remains to be solved in the future.

• 1 month later...

@Bitnugger, thank you for sharing your experience with zPlayer. I feel sorry to hear that you are having a trouble running it. zPlayer can play back all file types which can be played back by Windows Media Player in your computer. If a certain file type cannot be played back, appropriate codec should be installed. For me, I installed K-Lite codec pack and I've had no problem encountered so far. Could you please let me know what type of file you were trying to play back?

I have "Shark007 STANDARD Codecs" installed.
With VLC or Windows Media Player I can also play MP4/MKV or x264/x265 files.
See picture... I can play it with Windows Media Player. With zPlayer, I have sound, but no picture.

x265.png

@Bitnugger,

I tried to duplicate your experience, but I couldn't. If the file you tested is freely available for download, please give me its URL so that I can do the test with that particular file. In the meantime you can delete the playlist in that folder and try with other folders which have other video files and see if it works.

Edited by CYCho

Filetype                    | Windows Media Player  | zPlayer
----------------------------------------------------------------
TearsOfSteel_720p_h265.mkv  |       OK              | Only Audio
video-h264.mkv              |       OK              | OK
video-h265.mkv              |       OK              | Only Audio
video-mpeg2.mkv             |       OK              | Only Audio
video-vp8-webm.mkv          |       OK              | OK

https://h265.webmfiles.org/

If there are several files in the directory and the playback window is closed with the Close button, zPlayer then plays the last opened file again. Correct would be the next file in the list.

2 hours ago, Bitnugger said:

If there are several files in the directory and the playback window is closed with the Close button, zPlayer then plays the last opened file again. Correct would be the next file in the list.

You are right. If you have multiple files in the playlist and if a video window is closed, zPlayer should move to the next file. This function is performed by lines 633 and 652 of zPlayer.au3. I cannot figure out how it could work differently.

Edit: The files 2 thru 5 have different names but their contents are identical, Any chance this may give the impression that zPlayer did not move to the next file?

Edited by CYCho

It was because of the Shark007 STANDARD codecs!

I installed the K-Lite Codecs on another PC to test it and it works.

Edit: It was because of my stupidity! I totally overlooked the fact that I hadn't installed any Shark007 codecs for 32 bits. That hurts...
Now it also works with Shark007 codecs.

Edited by Bitnugger

winmm.dll is the resource file of  Sound.au3 UDF. But Sound.au3 uses only the audio function of the dll. I am learning how to use winmm.dll with a view to replacing WMPlayer.OCX used in zPlayer with it.  I uploaded the code for a bare-bone audio/video player based on winmm.dll in my first post.

Edited by CYCho