autoit running application

Schezu

I have an application installed in my PC. i want to automate it. It first opens with a popup asking credentials, after that it asks for language and then the tool opens.

Can you please help me to write code in autoit for this

yes, what did you try so far, that didnt work?

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Try using the full path and file name in the first argument for the Run command.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Try it like this

Run("D:\20190201_RT\hmi_runtime_v2.0.0-Beta12.exe") <---FULL path to the file

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

2 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Try it like this

Run("D:\20190201_RT\hmi_runtime_v2.0.0-Beta12.exe") <---FULL path to the file

thank you so much

it worked finally!!!!!!

:):):)

Now the pop up for entering credentials has come. Can i automate it such that without me actually typing it types and next popup appears?

• Moderators

Yes, you need to use the AutoIt Window Info Tool, which is located in the same directory where you installed AutoIt. Hover over the username and password fields to get the information you need, then look at ControlSend in the help file. The help file is your friend here, it has examples on how to use the different functions, so you don't have to ask for examples here.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

12 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Yes, you need to use the AutoIt Window Info Tool, which is located in the same directory where you installed AutoIt. Hover over the username and password fields to get the information you need, then look at ControlSend in the help file. The help file is your friend here, it has examples on how to use the different functions, so you don't have to ask for examples here.

but here ControlSend will just not be enough because that popup which appears after running that application, in that we got to choose more choices and then click on use a different account and then click on yes button and then username and password options appear. after which we have to give yes button then next popup should appear.

;Run("D:\20190201_RT\hmi_runtime_v2.0.0-Beta12.exe")

#RequireAdmin
; if the file exists on the desktop
;Run(@ScriptDir,".exe")

; else if it exists in some file directory
$path = "D:\20190201_RT\hmi_runtime_v2.0.0-Beta12.exe"
ShellExecute($path)

AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode" , 0)

;this is select setup lang
WinWait("Select Setup Language")
WinActivate("Select Setup Language")
Sleep(100) ;delay to select language
MouseClick("primary" , 172 , 129 , 1 ,0)

; this is the window set up hmiruntime
WinWait("Setup - HMI Runtime v2.0.0-Beta12")
WinActivate("Setup - HMI Runtime v2.0.0-Beta12")
Sleep(100)
MouseClick("primary" ,367 , 361 , 1 , 0)

Sleep(100)
;this is to popup the window is  runtime exists or not
WinWait("Folder Exists")
WinActivate("Folder Exists")
MouseClick("primary" , 283 , 158 , 1 , 0) ; this is for yes
;MouseClick("secondary" , 360 , 159 , 1 , 0) ;this is for no

Sleep(100)
; this is for the window intall button
MouseClick("primary" , 379 , 369 , 1 , 0)

Sleep(100)
;this is for finish the installation
MouseClick("primary" , 378 , 363 , 1 , 0)