Feeling Dingy...

How do I turn off the 'Ding' when a button is clicked in a message box?

Dim $Msg[3]
$Msg[0] = "Pulled your hair out yet?"
$Msg[1] = "No?"
$Msg[2] = "Let's try again..."
While(1)
    For $n = 0 to 2
        MsgBox(0, "Ding!", $Msg[$n])
    Next
WEnd

My sanity depends on YOUR answer! :P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

How do I turn off the 'Ding' when a button is clicked in a message box?

Dim $Msg[3]
$Msg[0] = "Pulled your hair out yet?"
$Msg[1] = "No?"
$Msg[2] = "Let's try again..."
While(1)
    For $n = 0 to 2
        MsgBox(0, "Ding!", $Msg[$n])
    Next
WEnd

My sanity depends on YOUR answer! :P

actually that's a windows setting. if you go to control panel, sounds and volume (i think), the second tab should have sounds for system events, you can unassign any sound you like.

actually that's a windows setting. if you go to control panel, sounds and volume (i think), the second tab should have sounds for system events, you can unassign any sound you like.

I understood that, and I guess unplugging the speakers would work too. But more specificaly, what kind of event is an AutoIT message button click that calls for a bell? The bell doesn't sound when the message pops up, but when the OK is clicked. Other Windows programs that pop up message boxes don't sound a bell when I click OK, just AutoIT script message boxes. :P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It makes sound when the window pops up, not on the ok, put a sleep after the msgbox to better illistrate this.

[sheepish embarassment at stupid mistake]

:"> Oops. You were right. The next box popped up so fast I thought I was getting a bell on clicking OK. Somebody else also helpfully pointed out that you don't get a bell if you construct your own GUI.

Thanks.

[/sheepish embarassment]

[sheepish embarassment at stupid mistake]

:"> Oops. You were right. The next box popped up so fast I thought I was getting a bell on clicking OK. Somebody else also helpfully pointed out that you don't get a bell if you construct your own GUI.

Thanks.

[/sheepish embarassment]

no worries man, it happens to everyone.

I remember seeing this somewhere, but I think you can set the volume via a registry setting. with saying that, you could make a registry change right before the message, and after the window pops up, you could then do a winwaitactive, and turn the volume back on. That would fix it.