Determine how to fill a window with x amount of boxes evenly touching each other?

Alright so here's the jest of it: I have a camera from Cox that I can use to view my front porch, the camera is supposed to have a motion sensor to let you know when someone's  there and it doesn't record or anything; we only have it because we swapped it for the land line we never used and saved $5/month. But basically what I want to do is write a program to load the page with the video stream, extract that stream in a pretty little window and scan that stream for changes and setup notification and or recording options. I'm really rusty with AutoIt and have done all the Googling and help file exploring I can possibly do with little to no luck, so that brings me here. Can anyone help me figure out how to extract the video stream from the site? Thank you!

1.png

Downloads.7z

4 hours ago, idkhow2username said:

scan that stream for changes

I suspect that this is the hardest part, it would be tricky to do it efficiently.

Is this your first AutoIt project? If yes, then this might be a complex start...

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I just wanna load the webpage, use PixelChecksum to let me know when motion is detected. I've gotten most of it done, I just want to do it without loading the whole page, scrolling, waiting, then scanning for changes.

#Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#Include <IE.au3>
#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()
$GUI = GUICreate('Camera Monitor / Motion Detector', 1000, 800, 100, 100, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 1200, 1200)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$wInfo = WinGetPos ($GUI)

MouseMove ($wInfo[0], $wInfo[1], 0)

_IENavigate($oIE, 'https://portal.coxhomelife.com/sp/')
_IELoadWait ($oIE)
_IsLoaded ($wInfo[0], $wInfo[1], $wInfo[2], $wInfo[3])

ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', 'username')
ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', '{TAB}')
ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', 'password')
ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', '{ENTER}')

_IELoadWait ($oIE)
Sleep (850)

_IsLoaded ($wInfo[0] + 145, $wInfo[1] + 285, ($wInfo[2] - 405), ($wInfo[3] / 10))
Sleep (850)

ControlClick ($GUI, '', '', 'Left', 1, $wInfo[0] + 200, $wInfo[1] + 200)
Sleep (850)

_IsLoaded ($wInfo[0] + 145, $wInfo[1] + 285, ($wInfo[2] - 405), ($wInfo[3] / 10))
Sleep (850)

ControlClick ($GUI, '', '', 'Left', 1, $wInfo[0] + 200, $wInfo[1] + 200)
Sleep (850)

ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', '{TAB}')
Sleep (850)

ControlSend ($GUI, '', '', '{ENTER}')

While 1
    Local $iMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
         EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()
Exit

Func _IsLoaded ($A = 1, $B = 1, $C = 1, $D = 1)
Sleep (2500)
$OG = PixelChecksum ($A, $B, $C, $D)
   Do
      $New = PixelChecksum ($A, $B, $C, $D)
   Until $OG <> $New
EndFunc

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

9 hours ago, idkhow2username said:

I just want to do it without loading the whole page, scrolling, waiting, then scanning for changes. 

Try to find the source for the video feed, you can use a video player to directly stream the video and then use PixelChecksum on it...

Most browser allow you to inspect elements by right clicking on them, you can also search for <video> elements in the DOM explorer and find the source :)

Or maybe even your camera itself provides a way to get the video feed directly?

--

Though I doubt PixelChecksum would work as it would detect any changes in pixels, so even a moving leaf could trigger the script... also it might not be the most efficient way to check for changes in a video stream

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Well PixelCheckSum is not the perfect tool, but at least it will get you started, and it will work quite well if the image is not flickering too much.  I suggest you use a small sleep inside the do loop to not overload your CPU.  Also do an incremental screen capture on disk when your function triggers a change.  It will help you understand what happened.  You can enhance your code accordingly.  As long as you don't start an alarm at each change, you will be fine. 

Don't forget, lighting changes will probably trigger it as well, especially because it's outside.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The theory I'm using for motion detection is figuring out how to do x amount of quadrants on the video stream it's self and for each of those quadrants do a Pixelchecksum and from there determine how many quadrants changed in order to detect motion. Pixelchecksum allows you to skip pixels too, so that's what I'll be doing. Tinkering with amount of quadrants and pixels to skip to get accurate motion detection is the goal. How would I go about getting the quadrants? Here's my script so far.

Opt ('GUIOnEventMode', 1)

$GUI1 = GUICreate('Main', 100, 35, 100, 100)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit', $GUI1)
GUICtrlCreateButton ('Map Quadrants', 5, 5, 90, 25)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, '_Map')
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
WinSetOnTop ($GUI1, '', 1)

$GUI2 = GUICreate('Test', 350, 350, 205, 100, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit', $GUI2)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
   Sleep (50)
WEnd

Func _Map ()
   Local $Pos = WinGetPos ($GUI2), $Quadrants = 10
   ; From here how do I make my program draw 10 perfectly sized buttons bunched together on my test GUI? The purpose is I'm going to implment it into searching
   ; a video stream and each quadrant will allow me to see how much has changed in order to detect motion.
EndFunc

Func _Exit ()
   Exit
EndFunc

So basically I'm trying to add motion detection to the camera on my front porch because the build in feature triggers at nothing. The theory I'm using for motion detection is figuring out how to do x amount of quadrants on the video stream it's self and for each of those quadrants do a Pixelchecksum and from there determine how many quadrants changed in order to detect motion. Pixelchecksum allows you to skip pixels too, so that's what I'll be doing. Tinkering with amount of quadrants and pixels to skip to get accurate motion detection is the goal. How would I go about getting the quadrants?

Here's my code thus far, any help would be greatly appreciated.

$GUI1 = GUICreate('Main', 100, 35, 100, 100)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit', $GUI1)
GUICtrlCreateButton ('Map Quadrants', 5, 5, 90, 25)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, '_Map')
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
WinSetOnTop ($GUI1, '', 1)

$GUI2 = GUICreate('Test', 350, 350, 205, 100, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit', $GUI2)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
   Sleep (50)
WEnd

Func _Map ()
   Local $Pos = WinGetPos ($GUI2), $Quadrants = 10
   ; From here how do I make my program draw 10 perfectly sized buttons bunched together on my test GUI? The purpose is I'm going to implment it into searching
   ; a video stream and each quadrant will allow me to see how much has changed in order to detect motion.
EndFunc

Func _Exit ()
   Exit
EndFunc

• Moderators

Please stick to one thread; spamming the forum for the same question is not going to get people to answer you any more quickly (it will, in fact, have the opposite effect).

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

My bad. The question I'm asking is for this project, but it could also be used for other things. Sorry though, not trying to be annoying or anything. Just getting over some depressing; getting back into stuff I used to love. Wasn't trying to get the problem solved quicker, just thought it could use it's own post for anyone else who might need the functionality.

Edited by idkhow2username

Try this (it is untested) but you will get the idea...

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

Opt ("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Global $aPix[3][3]

; Your code goes here
; you call map () repeatedly in your gui2 loop

Func _Map ()
Local $Pos = WinGetPos ($GUI2), $Width = int($Pos[2]/Ubound($aPix,1)), $Height = int($Pos[3]/Ubound($aPix,2))
Local $Count = 0, $CS

For $x = 0 to Ubound($aPix,1)-1
    For $y = 0 to Ubound($aPix,2)-1
      $CS = PixelCheckSum ($Pos[0]+($x*$Width),$Pos[1]+($y*$Height),$Pos[0]+(($x+1)*$Width),$Pos[1]+(($y+1)*$Height))
      If $CS <> $aPix[$x][$y]
        $Count += 1
        $aPix[$x][$y] = $CS
      EndIf
    Next
  Next

If $Count > 4 then _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ("\capture\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & ".jpg", $GUI2)

EndFunc

Thank you for the help! What I'm wondering now is the video stream opens in it's own Adobe window and the stream isn't taking up the entire screen, how do I go about scanning that window, but just where the camera stream is (and more logically only the walk way on my porch needs to be scanned for movement). Here's a screen shot of what the live feed looks like. I know it's simple enough to get the cords of that window, make it active, just don't really know where to go from there, I was it to be as effective as possible by only scanning the areas people could possibly walk. I would tinker with my script, but I'm not at home. Also if you don't mind, could you explain how your function works? I would love to have a better comprehension on how you're doing the math to scan the area. Here's the code I'm working with after the camera stream is opened.

#Include <IE.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
#Include <ScreenCapture.au3>

Opt ('WinTitleMatchMode', 2)
Opt ('MostDeclareVars', 1)

HotKeySet ('{F8}','_Start')

Global $aPix[3][3]

$GUI = GUICreate ('Motion Detection', 175, 175, 25, 50, $WS_SIZEBOX)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit')
GUICtrlCreateButton ('Start', 5, 5, 40, 20)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, '_Start')
$Console = GUICtrlCreateEdit ('', 0, 30, 175, 122)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $GUI)
WinSetTrans ($GUI, '', 225)
WinSetOnTop ($GUI, '', 1)

While 1
   Sleep (25)
WEnd

Func _Start ()
   $HWnD = WinGetHandle ('My Home - Adobe Flash Player')
   WinActivate ($HWnD)

EndFunc

Func _Map ($Win)
   Local $Pos = WinGetPos ($Win), $Width = Int($Pos[2]/Ubound($aPix,1)), $Height = Int($Pos[3]/Ubound($aPix,2))
   Local $Count = 0, $CS

For $X = 0 to Ubound($aPix,1)-1
    For $Y = 0 to Ubound($aPix,2)-1
      $CS = PixelCheckSum ($Pos[0]+($X*$Width),$Pos[1]+($Y*$Height),$Pos[0]+(($X+1)*$Width),$Pos[1]+(($Y+1)*$Height))
      If $CS <> $aPix[$X][$Y]
        $Count += 1
        $aPix[$x][$y] = $CS
      EndIf
    Next
  Next

If $Count > 4 Then
      _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ("\capture\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & ".jpg", $GUI2)
   EndIf
EndFunc

Func _Exit ()
   Exit
EndFunc

cam.png

Edited by idkhow2username

Been doing some tinkering, could you possibly tell me how I can search just the walk way? It's being way too sensitive, in 4 seconds I got maybe 5 instances of no chances when there was no motion. Here's my updated code:

#Include <IE.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
#Include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#Include <GUIEdit.au3>

FileDelete ('log.txt')

Opt ('WinTitleMatchMode', 2)
Opt ('MostDeclareVars', 1)

HotKeySet ('{F8}','_Start')

Global $aPix[3][3]

$GUI = GUICreate ('Motion Detection', 175, 175, 25, 50, $WS_SIZEBOX)
GUISetOnEvent ($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, '_Exit')
GUICtrlCreateButton ('Start', 5, 5, 40, 20)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent (-1, '_Start')
$Console = GUICtrlCreateEdit ('', 0, 30, 175, 122)
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $GUI)
WinSetTrans ($GUI, '', 225)
WinSetOnTop ($GUI, '', 1)

While 1
   Sleep (25)
WEnd

Func _Start ()
   $HWnD = WinGetHandle ('My Home - Adobe Flash Player')
   WinActivate ($HWnD)
   $Timer = TimerInit ()
   Do
      _Scan ($HWnD)
      Sleep (10)
   Until TimerDiff ($Timer) >= 4000

EndFunc

Func _Scan ($Win)
   Local $Pos = WinGetPos ($Win), $Width = Int($Pos[2]/Ubound($aPix, 1)), $Height = Int($Pos[3]/Ubound($aPix, 2))
   Local $Count = 0, $CS

For $X = 0 to Ubound($aPix,1)-1
      For $Y = 0 to Ubound($aPix,2)-1
         $CS = PixelCheckSum ($Pos[0]+($X*$Width), $Pos[1]+($Y*$Height), $Pos[0]+(($X+1)*$Width), $Pos[1]+(($Y+1)*$Height), 10, $Win)
            If $CS <> $aPix[$X][$Y] Then
               $Count += 1
               $aPix[$x][$y] = $CS
               FileWriteLine ('log.txt','Motion:' & $Count)
            Else
               FileWriteLine ('log.txt','Still.')
            EndIf
            _Update ()
      Next
   Next
   ;If $Count > 4 Then
    ;  _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ("\capture\" & @YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & "-" & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & ".jpg", $GUI2)
   ;EndIf
EndFunc

Func _Update ()
   $Str = FileRead ('log.txt')
   GUICtrlSetData ($Console, $Str)
   _GUICtrlEdit_Scroll ($Console, 4)
EndFunc

Func _Exit ()
   FileDelete ('log.txt')
   Exit
EndFunc

I'm trying to just scan this region of the video feed:

cam.png

You could divide your screen in regions, like you graphically did, by rows and columns, then choose the left, top, right, bottom, regions you want to scan.

Global Const $NUMBER_ROWS = 8, $NUMBER_COLUMNS = 15, $LEFT_REGION = 3, $TOP_REGION = 1, $RIGHT_REGION = 9, $BOTTOM_REGION = 7

Use a similar algorithm as I showed you, but instead of scanning the whole screen you would scan between left to right, and top to bottom. Note that left/right/top/bottom are 0 based.