[SOLVED] How to connect to a different outlook inbox?

Hello everyone, I am wondering if and how it is possible to connect my AutoIt script to a different email in my outlook. I have two different accounts when I open outlook. The first which my script always connects to is my own email while the second is a group email account. How or can I make the script connect to the second one and access its inbox instead of mine? This is all work related so no funny business here. 

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()

; Store all the Unread emails into an array
Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _
"[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Maintenance Request from Eagle's Nest", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1)

; Display the array of unRead emails
If IsArray($aItems) Then
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails")

Else
    MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _
    "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
EndIf

; Get the number of unread emails
Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead)
ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF)

I might be missing some code in the post but my code works It's just so long I don't want to post all 2300+ lines. 

Thank you for the help I greatly appreciate this community. 

Edited by nooneclose

Here the code I use to see both accounts (2 different emails). The column To is one easy way to know which account is involved.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include "OutlookEX 1.3.4.1\OutlookEX.au3"

Opt ("MustDeclareVars", 1)

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open(True,@ScriptDir & "\OutlookEX 1.3.4.1\_OL_Warnings.exe",10)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error)

Global $aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "", $olFolderInbox)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error accessing the default contacts folder. @error = " & @error)
$aFolder[1].Display

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $aFolder[1], $olMail, "", "", "", "EntryID,SenderEmailAddress,SenderName,Subject,To", "", 1)

Global $oItem = _OL_ItemGet($oOutlook, $aItems[1][0], Default, -1)
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error accessing properties. @error = " & @error)
$oItem.Unread = True

If IsArray($aItems) Then
  _ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script")
Else
  MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF", "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error)
EndIf

_OL_Close($oOutlook)

Win 7 - Outlook 2003.  You must tell Outlook to put both accounts in same folder.

Edited by Nine

Use _OL_Folderaccess to access a folder in another mailbox. The example script provided with the UDF explains how. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2021-11-10 - Version 1.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (NEW 2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (NEW 2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I still do not understand. I looked into the Outlook UDF and tried @Nine code but I can not figure it out. :( Here is an edited / "made up" picture of the folder I am trying to create / access in outlook. 

1508474737_Screenshot(199).png.3d67867448dde15e5f7d14367fb3aa34.png

I am trying to create and access the "Outlook-UDF-Test" folder under the account "m" and put it in that account's inbox. I can create the "Outlook-UDF-Test" folder under the "a" account just fine. I do not get why putting it under "m" is not working. What am I not understanding?  

I found another solution that works. This may not be the best way but it works for me for now. Since I could not figure out how to make _OL_Open create the Outlook-UDF-Test folder under the account "M", because "M" is not the default, I changed my outlook account settings to make "M" the default E-mail and the default data files. My  2,400+ line email AI is able to work its magic again. Thank you very much for your time and effort @water and @Nine. If either of you have any more tips or code I could try I would love to make this process a 100% AutoIt script.   

• 3 months later...

I was able to use the code below to access the other email account (that I had permission and access to use. It was not a public account). Special thanks to @water for making this more clear to me. 

$aFolder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "WorkEmail@hotmail.com", $olFolderInbox) ; This format is language independant

I was also able to use this code (shown below) to double-check and see if it worked for what I was trying to do. (And it did :) 

Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Work Request", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1)

; Display the array of unRead emails
_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails")

Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF)

Edited by nooneclose

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hermes
      Hi, I am struggling in setting the value of a textarea based on the value of clipboard (that contains a long web page source codes). If I use _WD_SetElementValue, it freezes after some time, or appears to be pressing tab and goes out of focus. I can also use send keys but i need the script to run in the background.
      Here is the full script:
      #Include "Chrome.au3" #Include "wd_core.au3" #Include "wd_helper.au3" #Include "WinHttp.au3" #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession SetupChrome() _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "http://demo.borland.com/testsite/stadyn_largepagewithimages.html") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Global $sSource = _WD_GetSource($sSession) Local $Paste = ClipPut($sSource) Local $sData = ClipGet() Local $aArray = 0, _ $iOffset = 1 While 1 $aArray = StringRegExp($sData, '(?s)<p>.*</p>', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH, $iOffset) If @error Then ExitLoop $iOffset = @extended For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 Local $Paste = ClipPut($aArray[$i]) Local $sRegExData = ClipGet() ;MsgBox(0, "", "$sRegExData = " & $sRegExData) Next WEnd _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_textarea_placeholder") _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") Local $sElement1 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iframe#iframeResult") _WD_FrameEnter($sSession, $sElement1) _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") $textarea = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//html/body/textarea") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $textarea, 'click') ;WD SetElementValue(SsSession, Stextarea, $sRegExData) <-- I can do this but the focus goes out, or the browser freezes _WD_FrameLeave($sSession) sleep(2000) Send("^v") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Shutdown() Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome Can someone help me please, or re-direct me to the right path? TIA!
    • By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook. This UDF holds the functions to automate items (folders, mails, contacts ...) in the background. Can be seen like an API.
      There are other UDFs available to automate Outlook:
      OutlookEX_GUI: This UDF holds the functions to automate the Outlook GUI. OutlookTools: Allows to import/export contacts and events to VCF/ICS files and much more.  Threads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2020-02-09)
      None
    • By Epulone
      For a specific requirement the outbound email are managed by an on-prem EDGE server. The EDGE re-write the local on-prem email address with another domain [exposed domain - mx record-]. Everything is working fine but we are having an issue when the internal local users are requesting an invite meeting by  Outlook calendar . In that case when the receiver accept the request invite it generate an error "domain not found". In this scenario the EDGE server is not able to rewrite also the calendar MIME request  (V-card) header inside the message so when the receiver accepts the request the reply [mechanism] will fails as will be used the email address of the local user  [domain not exposed ] and not the external one.
      I was wondering if Autoit is able to manipulate somehow the invite heade- calendar MIME (V-card))- re-witing the user email.   Thanks    
    • By DJ143
      I have a autoit exe file which is used in upload/browse file functionality.  This has been integrated with selenium framework and I am invoking the autoit exe using Java process and runtime. 
      Now the issue is when I run the scripts and invoke the autoit exe in local it works perfectly.  But when I use selenium grid or jenkins to run the scripts in another windows server it is not working.
      Can anyone please suggest any solution for this?
    • By Hermes
      Hello, the script below will read column A from an excel file - and if a value matches in the browser, it will click the corresponding link and click on a specific button to paste the data, then writes "Completed" in Column B. It will continue to read from the excel file and do the same thing for all the remaining rows.
      #Include "Chrome.au3" #Include "wd_core.au3" #Include "wd_helper.au3" #Include "WinHttp.au3" #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <INet.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #Include "WinHttp.au3" #Include "_HtmlTable2Array.au3" Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession SetupChrome() _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "table1.html") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//table[@class='main']") Local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//table[@class='main']") ;ConsoleWrite ("mat-table " & $sElement & @CRLF) Local $aArray1 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, ".//td[contains(@class,'data')]", $sElement, True) sleep(1000) For $i = 0 to UBound($aArray1) - 1 $aArray1[$i] = _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $aArray1[$i], 'text') Next ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray1) ;Email variables $SmtpServer = "" ; address for the smtp-server to use - REQUIRED $FromName = "Hermes" ; name from who the email was sent $FromAddress = "sender@gmail.com" ; address from where the mail should come $ToAddress = "recipient@gmail.com" ; destination address of the email - REQUIRED, use commas (,) to add more email addresses $Subject = "File not found" ; subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be $Body = "File not found!" ; the messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail $AttachFiles = "" ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed $CcAddress = "" ; address for cc - leave blank if not needed $BccAddress = "" ; address for bcc - leave blank if not needed $Importance = "High" ; Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low" $Username = "" ; username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED $Password = "" ; password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED $IPPort = 25 ; port used for sending the mail $ssl = 0 ; enables/disables secure socket layer sending - put to 1 if using httpS $tls = 0 ; enables/disables TLS when required Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() Local $sWorkbook = "c:\test.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sWorkbook) ;open excel and pass both parameters If FileExists($sWorkbook) Then ;Check if the file exist. Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() Local $sWorkbook = "c:\test.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sWorkbook) ;open excel and pass both parameters Local $aArray2 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook,Default,$oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:A")) Local $iIdx Local $Skipline = 0 ;0==> first line Do Local $temprf For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray2) - 1 $temprf &= $aArray2[$i] _WD_WaitElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, ".//a[contains(@class,'edit') and contains(text(),'Edit')]") Local $aElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, ".//a[contains(@class,'edit') and contains(text(),'Edit')]", $sElement, True) $iIdx = _ArraySearch($aArray1, $aArray2[$i]) If @error Then ContinueLoop _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $aElement[$iIdx], 'click') If $i < $Skipline Then ContinueLoop $oRange = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("B" & $i + 1 & ":XFD" & $i + 1) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.Activesheet, $oRange) ;Paste Local $oTest4 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "pastebutton") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $oTest4, 'click') Sleep(1000) ;Save Button Local $save3 = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "button.button") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $save3, 'click') _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, "Completed", "B" & $i+1) sleep(1000) Next Until (Not @error) _Excel_Close($oWorkbook) Else _INetSmtpMailCom($SmtpServer, $FromName, $FromAddress, $ToAddress, $Subject, $Body, $CcAddress, $BccAddress, $Importance, $Username, $Password, $IPPort, $ssl, $tls) Exit EndIf _WD_LoadWait($sSession) ;Attaching files to emails Func _INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $as_Body = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance="Normal", $s_Username = "", $s_Password = "", $IPPort = 25, $ssl = 0, $tls = 0) Local $objEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message") $objEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>' $objEmail.To = $s_ToAddress Local $i_Error = 0 Local $i_Error_desciption = "" If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $objEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress $objEmail.Subject = $s_Subject If StringInStr($as_Body, "<") And StringInStr($as_Body, ">") Then $objEmail.HTMLBody = $as_Body Else $objEmail.Textbody = $as_Body & @CRLF EndIf $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer If Number($IPPort) = 0 then $IPPort = 25 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort ;Authenticated SMTP If $s_Username <> "" Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1 $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password EndIf ; Set security params If $ssl Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True If $tls Then $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item ("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendtls") = True ;Update settings $objEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update ; Set Email Importance Switch $s_Importance Case "High" $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High" Case "Normal" $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal" Case "Low" $objEmail.Fields.Item ("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low" EndSwitch $objEmail.Fields.Update ; Sent the Message $objEmail.Send $objEmail="" EndFunc ;==>_INetSmtpMailCom Local $aDir = _FileListToArrayRec(@TempDir, "scoped_dir*;chrome_*", $FLTAR_FOLDERS, $FLTAR_NORECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH) Sleep(2000) For $i = 1 To $aDir[0] DirRemove($aDir[$i], $DIR_REMOVE) Next _WD_LoadWait($sSession) _WD_Shutdown() Func SetupChrome() _WD_Option('Driver', 'chromedriver.exe') _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true, "args":["start-maximized","disable-infobars"]}}}}' EndFunc ;==>SetupChrome If the excel file doesn't exists in the folder, it will send an email to a specific recipient.
      What i am trying figure out now is if the excel crashes while the script/loop is running, I want to relaunch the excel file continue to the last row before the excel crashed. So if the value of column B is not marked as "completed", it should continue from that row
      Appreciate any help that I can get to achieve this.
      table1.html test.xlsx