A cross-platform implementation of AutoIt

How interested are you?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How interested are you?

• I am willing to work on the code
    • I am willing to help with testing
    • I would love to see this becoming a reality
    • Nah mate, I don't think this is a good idea

...I may have exaggerated my strong dislike for the terminal. If I can automate stuff in Linux, then is an environment where I can work.
Typing once to create a script is ok. Running the script with a GUI is better. I'd make a pikachu Pick and choose of everything, click, click.

I'm pushing my clients to use VMs. If I can run a fan-less, $150 PC with Linux, I figure, I'll never have a user calling me to their station, ever again.
Boot straight to RDP. They'd be happy for the cheaper setup. But I have to feel comfortable in the Linux environment.
I'd have to learn python for my first scripts for Linux ( that sucks ).

By the time you get something going, I'll be ready :) 

PS: no pressure. Do your thing. I'll do this Linux exploration on time I'd put aside when I don't wanna play TF2 to relax  ;) 

5 minutes ago, argumentum said:

...I may have exaggerated my strong dislike for the terminal. If I can automate stuff in Linux, then is an environment where I can work.
Typing once to create a script is ok. Running the script with a GUI is better. I'd make a pikachu Pick and choose of everything, click, click. 

That is okay, I prefer that too... one of the reasons I want to be able to use AutoIt in Linux :)

18 minutes ago, argumentum said:

I'm pushing my clients to use VMs. If I can run a fan-less, $150 PC with Linux, I figure, I'll never have a user calling me to their station, ever again.

Linux is pretty good for that purpose, it is easier to maintain than Windows once you have it set it up!

19 minutes ago, argumentum said:

I'd have to learn python for my first scripts for Linux ( that sucks ).

Yeah, that seems to be the most convenient (and popular) choice for scripting in Linux, good luck with learning! Many years ago I learned python as my first proper programming language, never really took off with it... I guess I was too dumb back then and the things I wanted to do were out of my league (especially GUI).

24 minutes ago, argumentum said:

By the time you get something going, I'll be ready :) 

PS: no pressure. Do your thing. I'll do this Linux exploration on time I'd put aside when I don't wanna play TF2 to relax  ;) 

Thanks, I am trying to finish the existing freelance projects I have before beginning work. I will post updates here if I have any.

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Interesting thread, somehow missed it before.

For what it's worth, speaking from personal experience, I think it's worth pursuing (regardless of the merits of having a native AutoInux), because nothing ever taught me more about programming design and coherent, consistent language structure than when I had to develop my own programming environment a few years back (now mainly used by other people). If you can spare the time and effort and you think it's worthwhile, make it happen.:)

@RTFC Thanks for the vote of confidence, I am also hoping to learn a lot of new things and gain interesting experiences when working on this project :D

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

If I have hurt or offended you in anyway, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to do that to anybody!!!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jantograaf
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to write a script that connects with a VBA/COM API to get the status of a connected phone. I've been looking up and down this forum for tips or other user's experiences, but I can't seem to find anything (even remotely) similar. It shouldn't be so hard to do, however.
      Software I'm trying to connect to
      I'm trying to integrate CallCenter by using their API, which is documented over here : JustRemotePhone API Reference
      Things I've tried
      I've tried using ObjCreate but I don't get any result, it always returns the same (negative) error.
      #Version 1 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhone.RemotePhoneService") #Version 2 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhoneCOM.RemotePhoneService") #Version 3 tried ObjCreate("JustRemotePhoneCOM.RemotePhoneService.Application") None of the three versions I tried seem to deliver any result other than a negative error value which basically says that the given class is not valid.
      I am starting to get the hang of AutoIt by now, but unmanaged programming languages and object-oriented stuff is still quite a grey zone for me. If anyone could help me 'talk' to this application, I'd be immensely grateful!
      Thanks in advance and kind regards from Belgium!

Jan
    • By nooneclose
      Hello everyone, I am wondering if and how it is possible to connect my AutoIt script to a different email in my outlook. I have two different accounts when I open outlook. The first which my script always connects to is my own email while the second is a group email account. How or can I make the script connect to the second one and access its inbox instead of mine? This is all work related so no funny business here. 
      Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() ; Store all the Unread emails into an array Global $aItems = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test", $olMail, _ "[UnRead]=True", "Subject", "Maintenance Request from Eagle's Nest", "EntryID,Subject", "", 1) ; Display the array of unRead emails If IsArray($aItems) Then ;_ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind - Unread mails") Else MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script", _ "Could not find an unread mail. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended) EndIf ; Get the number of unread emails Global $numberOfUnRead = UBound($aItems, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1 ;MsgBox("", "Number of Unread emails", $numberOfUnRead) ConsoleWrite("Number of unread emails: " & $numberOfUnRead & @CRLF) I might be missing some code in the post but my code works It's just so long I don't want to post all 2300+ lines. 
      Thank you for the help I greatly appreciate this community. 
    • By FordsFinest
      I have a macro that works well on 95% of computers. However, I am running into an issue on a couple computers where the _GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem clicks the wrong item (an item or two below the correct one). Both the ExpandItem and SelectItem command work fine, just the click item is off on these computers (and only their user names). I'm not sure if some temp file somewhere is causing an issue or what. Note, using ONLY selectitem results in inconsistent focusing (item appears focused but the next command won't always work correctly). Hence my need to use the clickitem command.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      _GUICtrlTreeView_Expand($hWnd, $Array2[$i]) ;Expand $model Sleep(250) _GUICtrlTreeView_SelectItem($hWnd, $Array2[$i]) ;Select $model Sleep(150) _GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem($hWnd, $Array2[$i]) ;Click $model Sleep(150) EndIf  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello all, and welcome to this tool
      the NB-Password_generator is a small tool which allow you to create a strong passwords
      with this tool you can create a random passwords using :
      1. capital letters
      2. small letters
      3. numbers
      4. symbols
      be sure that you can check any option that  you want and uncheck what you don't want to use
      this tool allow you to create a password from 6 letters to 150 lettersNB-Password_generator.zip
      at the end please accept my greetings
      am waiting for your commants
    • By Codenameglassy
      Hello so i need help, so i have a while(1) Loop but i want to restart the loop form the begining if a specific event occurs or what i want on screen is occured.. i want  to restart the loop from beginning , leaving the rest of the script.
      But if the event didnt occur it follows the rest of the script and goes on while loop..