ControlSetText

Hi all,

I need some advice. I have application that allowed input text only with bar code scanner (we cannot enter text using keyboard). After scan bar code it will show some details.

Now i try automate this application. I try function ControlSetText to input text. It work but after enter the text it not show details that we want. If using with bar code scanner after scan it will auto show the details we want. Please advise.

@spudw2k

ControlGetHandle correct. because function ControlSetText can write text at text box. Problem is if i using bar code scanner once scan it will show information that we want.

But using Autoit it can write text into text box but not show information that we want. anything i need add after controlSetText?

^ agreed.  If you are able to write to the control, but it doesn't trigger the next action, then there is another function call automated by the barcode scan operation.

Not sure how you can trigger that function.  Is the data being presented after the barcode scan stored in another file or db you are able to access by other means?

What is the name of the software?  Maybe there is an API for it?

Is there a refresh button or anything like that?  Sorry...it's hard to make recommendations without seeing the application.

Edited by spudw2k

Understood.  Not much we can go on then unfortunately.  Have you looked into whether or not there is an API for the software, or if there are known (approved) automation methods, or if the database (if there is one) can be interacted with and what format it is?

@Rammanan
Strange to hear since all the displayed data should be taken from a Database.

EDIT: By the way, if the ControlSetText() function is working, you should try to send a change/update message to the control :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: