tso mainframe file to pc file - (Moved)

I hope i am in the right forum has been awhile. following problem

i want to copy a file from tso mainframe to my desktop (..txt file) 

the existing utility (file transfer) can not handle a large amount of data (24,000 records, 80 characters each.

i know how to code autoit scripts. i had one that connect with the tso file transfer program, but will not

work because of the amount of data. i thought of using a REXX script but i dont see if REXX can write to a 

windows txt file. the mainframe session does use the aVIVA EMULATOR BUT WHEN TRING TO CODE A MACRO

WITH THeir basic , it fails.   Does anyone have a suggestion. thank   you

ty Jos i assume that moderation team is where i will post future topics? yes condoman our tso does have FTP (using ind$fle) which does not work

with the size of the file i am using.  i would like to code a script to handle the transfer. i thought REXX would handle .txt files, but i cant find any

info on it.

It would seem to me you have two choices to communicate with the system.  1) Screen scraping a TE (terminal emulator) or 2) FTP.  The only way I could see REXX getting in the process would be to automate the FTP. 

I assume you are using a TE on a Win desktop. There must be someone that has successfully used FTP to a server.  Where I worked you needed to be in a special RACF group before FTP could be used.

If you can interact with the tso mainframe using a 3270 emulator, then you could try as indicated in this post:

The x3270 emulator can be managed by AutoIt and you can easily do "Screen scraping" of entire screens or just a part using dedicated commands. Once you have captured the screen (which of course is captured in text mode) you can write the copied text in a text file, and so on for the next screen until all your data is read.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

5 hours ago, serena_knight said:

i assume that moderation team is where i will post future topics?

No.

You should post them in the appropriate Forum, which you can find here or here below:

forum.

:)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: