Au3Stripper request: #Au3Stripper_Skip_On, #Au3Stripper_Skip_Off

..coding ..., I'm changing my style of coding to something more manageable. I make more #includes and test those, then those, are part of the main script. Ala UDF ( but not a UDF, just independently running )
While coding and testing each file I write a bunch of code that is not desired in the final stripped script.
To remove those lines I do not want in the ( obfuscated by /RenameMinimum ) stripped file, I've added an option:
 #Au3Stripper_Skip_On and #Au3Stripper_Skip_Off

I implemented it, by editing the AutoIt3Wrapper 

... ...
            Case $H_COMPILE, $H_SaveOnly
                ; Validate Extra resource Information
                $Au3StripperCmdLineRaw = GUICtrlRead($H_Au3Stripper_Parameters) ; added this

... ...

Au3Stripper_rcwl($ScriptFile_In_stripped) ; added this

; Run au3check on the stripped source
            If $ExitCode > -1 And $ExitCode < 999 And $INP_Run_AU3Check = "y" Then
                Run_Au3Check($ScriptFile_In_stripped)
            EndIf
        Else
            __ConsoleWrite("! *** Au3Stripper Error: *** Skipping Au3Stripper: " & $Au3Stripperpgm & " Not Found !" & @CRLF & @CRLF)
            $ScriptFile_In_stripped = $ScriptFile_In
            $INP_Run_Au3Stripper = "n"
        EndIf
        $ScriptFile_In = $ScriptFile_In_stripped
    EndIf
EndIf
#EndRegion Run Au3Stripper

Func Au3Stripper_rcwl($ScrptFl_In_strppd) ; added this
    If Not StringInStr($Au3StripperCmdLineRaw, "/rcwl") Then Return
    Local $s = "", $a = FileReadToArray($ScrptFl_In_strppd)
    Local $w = 0, $i = 0, $h, $n, $u = UBound($a) - 1
    For $n = 0 To $u

If StringInStr($a[$n], "#Au3Stripper_Skip_On") Then $w = 1
        If StringInStr($a[$n], "#Au3Stripper_Skip_Off") Then
            $w = 0
            $i += 1
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        If $w Then
            $i += 1
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf

If StringInStr($a[$n], "ConsoleWrite(") Then
            $i += 1 ;    ..this part is the one that removes
            ContinueLoop ; the "ConsoleWrite" but I undertand that may
        EndIf ;            lead to more problems that solutions. Not part of the request.
        $s &= $a[$n] & @CRLF
    Next
    $h = FileOpen($ScrptFl_In_strppd, 2)
    If $h = -1 Then
        __ConsoleWrite('!> Au3Stripper_rcwl failed to open "' & $ScrptFl_In_strppd & '"' & @CRLF)
    EndIf
    FileWrite($h, $s)
    FileClose($h)
    __ConsoleWrite('--- >  removed ' & $i & ' extra lines due to /rcwl option.  (mod.)' & @CRLF)
EndFunc   ;==>Au3Stripper_rcwl

#Region Compile the script
... ...

so I add

... ...
ConsoleWrite(Chr(0) & '#Au3Stripper_Skip_On' & @CRLF)
If "my_script_testing.au3" = @ScriptName Then Exit the_func_Ill_Use_later()
ConsoleWrite(Chr(0) & '#Au3Stripper_Skip_Off' & @CRLF)
... ...

...so, I've solved my problem, so what do I request ?.  Nothing really, I think it would be welcomed to have this ON/OFF as part of Au3Stripper

😀 ( the emoji is to persuade you ) ;)

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

That, or something similar, is already included in Au3Stripper, isn't it?

#Au3Stripper_Off                                   Stop the Stripping process below this line
#Au3Stripper_On                                   Start the Stripping process below this line
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Funcs=                 Do not Strip these functions. FuncNames may end with an * to indicated matching FuncNames starting with the specified string.
#Au3Stripper_Ignore_Variables=            Do not Strip these variables. VarNames may end with an * to indicated matching VarNames starting with the specified string.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you look at the code I posted, you'll see that it removes the lines between the Skip_On/Skip_Off from the compiled script.
 #Au3Stripper_On/Off is to, not alter the lines between Off/On.
Say, you have Assign() / Eval() and 
want to use the option "/RenameMinimum". Being able to, not "/rm" those lines, would allow the script, to not break, due to the renaming of the variables.

There is no options currently, that remove chunks of code from the script. And I understand that "why would you want that? ..just don't write it !", but there is usefulness to it.
It let's me have the "developer version" and the "final compiled version", all in one, without sanitizing/cleaning up, beforehand.

But is like anything else. If the option is there, you can explore the usefulness, or not. I for once, just start using the Stripper recently and found that I'll have to change the way I code to use it.
All this new request does is to have more possibilities on how one can go about coding.

Again, is not an issue for me, as I've patched my version to fit my needs. But I believe it would be a welcomed option for the community.
... I would still use a mod. to remove the lines with "ConsoleWrite(", if that aspect is not implemented.

@BrewManNH, a picture code is a thousand words.  <attachment snipped by argumentum>

PS: now that I read it again, I've should of call it differently, as skip is not what it does. RemoveSource is what it does.

Edited by argumentum
afterthought

• Developers

So let me get this straight: you are asking for an option to always strip the code between those directives?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes @Jos
And maybe call the directive other than "Skip". I liked this word "Strip". Call it #Au3Stripper_Strip_On / #Au3Stripper_Strip_Off ?, no clue, English is a 2nd language for me and I'm not sure how it feels, one word from another, writing down the directive. I thought of "Exclude", Exclude_On / Exclude_Off.

And the ConsoleWrite thing if you feel is ok too. You can try the attached modified Wrapper with example in my past post, to see/verify, that is safe to implement.
The thing is that, with the simple code I've written, the "/rsln" would end up with the wrong @ScriptLineNumber

Even tho, all this may be very unorthodox, I found these requested options quite useful.

• Developers

Call me slow, but could you give me an example script were you always want to strip lines that aren't stripped automatically by Au3Stripper, as this doesn't make sense to me as yet? :) 

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I've posted ( https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/198550-au3stripper-request-au3stripper_skip_on-au3stripper_skip_off/?do=findComment&comment=1424722 ) above.

Unless you'd like a more real life example, but i'll take me time to write it.

• Developers

Ah, the attachment. :)

This is actually very simple to do although I doubt I ever use it. Try the current Beta version with this code:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y

#au3stripper_alwaysstrip_on
call ("useless_test")

Func useless_test()
    ConsoleWrite('--- this will not be in the compiled nor in the stripped file' & @CRLF)
    MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "non sense", 1)
EndFunc
#au3stripper_alwaysstrip_off

ConsoleWrite("this" & _
" will not be in the code" & _
"" & _
"" & @CRLF & _
" =)")

MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "yolo", 5)

Or this of course will also work:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y

#au3stripper_alwaysstrip_on
call ("useless_test")
#au3stripper_alwaysstrip_off

Func useless_test()
    ConsoleWrite('--- this will not be in the compiled nor in the stripped file' & @CRLF)
    MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "non sense", 1)
EndFunc

ConsoleWrite("this" & _
" will not be in the code" & _
"" & _
"" & @CRLF & _
" =)")

MsgBox(0, @ScriptName, "yolo", 5)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

Try the current Beta version with this code:

Beautiful !, exactly what I wanted =D

Will you have a switch/option to choose for the consoleWrite stripping ?, or if you use #au3stripper_alwaysstrip_* it assumes is desired ?

Thanks a million !  

22 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Will you have a switch/option to choose for the consoleWrite stripping ?

oops, ...I had my directives up on top and in my mod. wrapper, so I did not realized you've implemented just the #au3stripper_alwaysstrip_* part. =/
Did not meant to push :)

• Developers
37 minutes ago, argumentum said:

Will you have a switch/option to choose for the consoleWrite stripping ?

No that is not in the planning. Autoit3wrapper can comment out or delete all debug and trace consolewrite statements and that is all I need. 

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

For example: Put your cursor on a variable and press Alt+d to a an Console Debug line for that variable. 
Do that for multiple things you like to get console debug information on.

Press Alt+Shift+d to comment all these Debug lines. 
Press Alt+Ctrl+d to uncomment all these Debug lines again.
Press Alt+Ctrl+z to Delete all these Debug lines again.

(Wondering why I made that helpfile as it is all in there ;)  or this nifty Tools dropdown box which contain all of these functions)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.